Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seitsme

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
-
hi all,

Yesterday after a format of my hdd, i downloaded the HSierra installer from apple and this installed 10.3.6 from 10.13.2 i had in the past. With the past version all worked fine....

I started moving files to new hdd from my backup hdd.
I needed to move files from 2 hdds, and opened 2 tabs in finder.
From one tab i selected lets say 10 files, and tried to move them with the mouse to the
other location hosted in another finder tabbed window.

When i moved the mouse pointer over the second tab, it flashed a bit (the tab Title)
but, it did not switch to the tab desired at all.

I tried again and with other folders, closed reopened windows finder etc... and after 5 hours,
problem still the same.

Can anyone suggest a solution to it please. Do i have to activate something in the system prefs panel.

thanks

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
Sounds like a permissions issue to me if you can't move anything from that backup disk to the current disk. Does copy/paste also not work?

I take it your backup disk is just a random collection of copied files, not a TM backup etc from which you could have used Migration Assistant to help?

seitsme

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
-
yeah, just a normal hdd.
I can move files from one media to the other, but, the point is that in finder when i use 2 tab locations in the same window, and try to move files from one tab to the other (closed in window) the tab is flashing when i mouse-over it and moves the files, but OSX does not switch to the selected window if i keep hhovering over the tab like it was doing in the high sierra 10.13.3 now i have 10.13.6.

and i dont know if this is normal or i have to ie enter terminal command to activate this feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.