Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dialekt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
Currently in the process of downloading but would love to hear any feedback of changes from those like myself who had bad experiences with the GM. There’s a slightly different build number on the official release from today compared to the GM. Fingers crossed that is has a ton of bug fixes & makes my 2017 MacBook Pro sing like it was intended to.

Reactions: thebitguru

x34

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2014
can anyone please check itunes: does it still include iTunes 12.6.2?
thanks guys

thebitguru

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2016
I am also curious to hear about this from anyone who has already upgraded. I am on the 17A362a build and waiting to upgrade to the final release once I finish work today.

inarush

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
Ann Arbor MI
Why do I keep downloading a 15 MB installer rather than the full 4 GB installer? Anyone else experiencing the same? Any tips?

Tried clearing AppStore cache and rebooting to no avail.

dialekt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
Currently on the longest blackout/blank screen ever. Install is past the 40 minute mark & past the first 2 reboots. Upon finalization Screen has gone black & it’s been like this for 10 minutes. I don’t know wether to be worried or excited that hopefully there are some major updates under the hood for this to take this long. I don’t want to touch anything at the moment despite it taking exceedingly long.

*Can see black mouse pointer arrow if I hit the keyboard but it quickly goes back to blank screen*
[doublepost=1506363684][/doublepost]No fan sounds/activity noises. Part of me wants to hard reset/reboot but i’m worried.

x34

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2014
Currently on the longest blackout/blank screen ever. Install is past the 40 minute mark & past the first 2 reboots. Upon finalization Screen has gone black & it’s been like this for 10 minutes. I don’t know wether to be worried or excited that hopefully there are some major updates under the hood for this to take this long. I don’t want to touch anything at the moment despite it taking exceedingly long.

*Can see black mouse pointer arrow if I hit the keyboard but it quickly goes back to blank screen*
[doublepost=1506363684][/doublepost]No fan sounds/activity noises. Part of me wants to hard reset/reboot but i’m worried.

i'd say: reboot

Reactions: xgman

dialekt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
i'd say: reboot

Rebooted. Said the usual crash message “had to reboot because of an error” blah... about this mac no longer says beta. Everything seems fine but furthermore iTunes still appears to be prettt slow. Delay when playing songs. I have an 80k collection but still had no issues on Sierra. I have this feeling it’s somerhing to do with the new file system (APFS)... some songs make a “buffer” sound when first loading. Two finger power scrolling is laggy

Not sure if I should try again & clean install but I highly doubt it will make a difference. It might just add to the frustration & complicate things with limiting functionality. I’d have to reprocess 80,000 Files to propagate cue points etc for DJing etc. - Going to play around with this some more.

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
Mine is installing ona 2016 MBP. The install process is taking a while, still waiting 28 minutes for install to complete. Feels like I’ve already been waiting about 30 minutes. I can occasionally hear the fans rev up and down so I know it’s working.

myname70

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2014
I am with GM 17A362a release, but when checking for updates - no update available. No final release ( 17A365). Anyone with GM - do you receive the today's update/ final version?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I am with GM 17A362a release, but when checking for updates - no update available. No final release ( 17A365). Anyone with GM - do you receive the today's update/ final version?
You need to download the installer from the App Store. It will not appear as an update.

Reactions: twanj and djcristi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.