Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
For one reason or another, I cannot download and run this latest beta on my sandboxes (unsupported macs). I have a couple macs that is supported but will not install since I consider them not to be sandboxes.

My question for users here that was able (and willing) to install 10.14.1 beta 1 on their Mojave unsupported or supported mac, any issues on your use/testing? I'm particularly interested on new features such as Group Facetime? Or your overall observations for the beta 1?

~Mahalo!~

P.S. I did ask the same questions on the unsupported thread, but have not had any responses yet.

Additional question ~ installed or upgraded to Xcode 10.1 beta? Any issues with this as well?

Last edited:

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
Update: I was able to download the Xcode 10 beta 1 development environment/tools.

Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 11.14.22 PM.png

Noticed 240 views so far on the thread. But no responses on observations regarding Mojave 10.14.1 beta 1.
Anyone, please? Mahalo.

Last edited:

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
Update: I succeeded in installing and setting up Mojave 10.14.1 beta 2.

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.36.56 AM.png

I also was able to install Xcode 10.1 beta so I could proceed with my tests and messing around in a sandbox.

Mahalo!

Last edited:

weathernight

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2018

View attachment 791969

I also was able to install Xcode 10.1 beta so I could proceed with my tests and messing around in a sandbox.

Mahalo!
Hello, how did you get Mojave 10.14.1 beta 2 from? I only can get from the Apple Store update. How would you install it with the patcher that way? I tried to install on top of 10.14 (18A391) but it would complete the install. Is here away to get the full package "Mojave 10.14.1 beta 2.app" so I can run the patcher on it? - Thank you

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
Hello, how did you get Mojave 10.14.1 beta 2 from? I only can get from the Apple Store update. How would you install it with the patcher that way? I tried to install on top of 10.14 (18A391) but it would complete the install. Is here away to get the full package "Mojave 10.14.1 beta 2.app" so I can run the patcher on it? - Thank you

Actually downloaded (upgraded) via SystemPreferences|SoftwareUpdate (OTA). In order to show the latest update (10.14.1 beta) available, your mac should be enrolled in either public or developer's program. Since my mac is already patched with the final release, I did not have too re-patch. Hope the same steps work for you.

Reactions: DaniloGeekDude

weathernight

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2018

View attachment 791969

Mahalo!
Hello BookEmDanno, If I let the Apple Store download the Mojave 10.14.1 beta 2 and then reboot the Mac then it will start installing for a bit then the progress bar will stop moving and just sit there and not complete the install, if I had the Mojave 10.14.1 beta 2 installer and ran it thru the patcher may it would install completly. I only have the Public beta version license, not the paid version. So attached to this thread is the list of files from the Apple store if I reboot and let it install itself, but I wanted to see it there is another way to install it manually instead. The downloader that comes with the patcher is 14.1 (18A391) which I'm current at now. I have a Macbook Pro 8,2 - Thank you very much for any help on this.....

Attachments

• package_downloaded_from_Apple_Store.png
    package_downloaded_from_Apple_Store.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 175

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
Hello BookEmDanno, If I let the Apple Store download the Mojave 10.14.1 beta 2 and then reboot the Mac then it will start installing for a bit then the progress bar will stop moving and just sit there and not complete the install, if I had the Mojave 10.14.1 beta 2 installer and ran it thru the patcher may it would install completly. I only have the Public beta version license, not the paid version. So attached to this thread is the list of files from the Apple store if I reboot and let it install itself, but I wanted to see it there is another way to install it manually instead. The downloader that comes with the patcher is 14.1 (18A391) which I'm current at now. I have a Macbook Pro 8,2 - Thank you very much for any help on this.....

It took a while to install the upgrade from 10.14 final to 10.14.1 beta 2. And since the download happened OTA, the install file was not saved after installation.
Another option to try, search in this thread for "Developers' Access Utililty" and run it on your Mac to change from Public to Developers' beta seed. Sorry, I could not directly provide you the utility since I'm not allowed according to forum rules.

Good luck and sorry if I couldn't be of much further help.

Last edited:

weathernight

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2018
It took a while to install the upgrade from 10.14 final to 10.14.1 beta 2. And since the download happened OTA, the install file was not saved after installation.
Another option to try, search in this thread for "Developers' Access Utililty" and run it on your Mac to change from Public to Developers' beta seed. Sorry, I could not directly provide you the utility since I'm not allowed according to forum rules.

Good luck and sorry if I couldn't be of much further help.

Hello BookEmDanno,

I used the Developers' Access Utility, and downloaded the install files then restarted, then it installed the files, but never completed the install, same results as before. I download files( Mojave 10.14.1_Beta_2 ) from Apple Store(see attach) and would like to create a installer .app with these files that were downloaded(see attach) then I can use the patcher to update my USB boot drive, and then boot off the USB drive and install it that way as I did with Mojave Version 10.14 (18A391).

Thank you,
BookEmDanno

Attachments

• macOS Mojave_ Version 10.14 (18A391).png
    macOS Mojave_ Version 10.14 (18A391).png
    7.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Mojave 10.14.1_Beta_2_from_AppleStore.png
    Mojave 10.14.1_Beta_2_from_AppleStore.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 108

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
Hello BookEmDanno,

I used the Developers' Access Utility, and downloaded the install files then restarted, then it installed the files, but never completed the install, same results as before. I download files( Mojave 10.14.1_Beta_2 ) from Apple Store(see attach) and would like to create a installer .app with these files that were downloaded(see attach) then I can use the patcher to update my USB boot drive, and then boot off the USB drive and install it that way as I did with Mojave Version 10.14 (18A391).

Thank you,
BookEmDanno

By the way, what model and year is your Mac device?. I was only successful in installing the beta version on my unsupported MacBookAir4,2. Failed on my MacBookPros (both unsupported). I also saw some posts (on the unsupported thread) that did mention not being successful as well on beta installation. So it could be the ROM contents or versions on those that cause the issues.

weathernight

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2018
By the way, what model and year is your Mac device?. I was only successful in installing the beta version on my unsupported MacBookAir4,2. Failed on my MacBookPros (both unsupported). I also saw some posts (on the unsupported thread) that did mention not being successful as well on beta installation. So it could be the ROM contents or versions on those that cause the issues.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0050.B00
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Thank you......

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0050.B00
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Thank you......

Oh well. On the unsupported thread, users indicated that they also failed in upgrading to the beta from their MacBookPro8,*.

For me I was able to do an OTA upgrade on my MacBookAir4,2.
see this post:
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ed-macs-thread.2121473/page-354#post-26635319

You will need to wait for when your MBP can either be upgraded with a fresh install or OTA upgrade. At this time, not possible. Sorry about that.

Reactions: DaniloGeekDude
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.