Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
One report indicates that we should keep an eye out for Mac OS X 10.2.6 today.

Asante has already hinted at an upcoming 10.2.6 update on their support forums.

There is a known problem in the modified USB support in OS X 10.2.5. Apple is aware of this problem and has a fix for it in the soon to be released OS X 10.2.6. This is not something that Asante can fix

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
There haven't been the usual seed announcement on ThinkSecret or elsewhere.

Maybe Apple is trying to get it out ASAP. I bet the USB hub bug affects a very large number of users, and Apple wants a quick fix. There could be only a few small changes in the update, and as such it doesn't need extensive testing.

Of course, I have no little to no idea about how these seedings go, so take all that as you will. :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I've had some crashes with Lightwave that weren't ever happening in the previous versions - I think that there is an OpenGL problem with 10.2.5 that I hope they fix in .6. Although its only happened to me a couple times - its still a pain.

D

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
yep, i'm just about to download it too....just noticed it when i checked software update.....

Enhancements

Addresses an issue for Mac OS X 10.2.5 in which a kernel panic message may appear if certain USB hubs or devices are connected.
Improves printing compatibility for PostScript OpenType fonts.
Improves compatibility for Maya Auto Paint and Paint Effects features.
Addresses an issue for Mac OS X 10.2.5 in which English is the default language and Asian language scripts are not be available in the International preference pane, if a script's font is not available.
Improves compatibility for MacSoft Unreal Tournament 2003 on computers with GeForce 2MX and GeForce4MX graphic accelerator chipsets.
Address Book now supports the Sony Ericsson T610 phone.

ezri

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2003
So what's really the best OS for the ibook? Mine came with 10.2.3 and I've heard bad things about battery life with 10.2.4. Has this problem been fixed in 5 and 6, or should I just stick with 3? Everything's working fine and I'd like to keep it that way.

mrjamin

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2003
Strongbadia
Originally posted by ezri
So what's really the best OS for the ibook? Mine came with 10.2.3 and I've heard bad things about battery life with 10.2.4. Has this problem been fixed in 5 and 6, or should I just stick with 3? Everything's working fine and I'd like to keep it that way.

Hmm, i never had any issues withe the battery life - your machine sounds a few months newer than mine if it came with 10.2.3 - you've got it within the last 6 weeks i presume? I've currently got 10.2.5 (would have 6 if it wasn't away for repair :mad:).

I'm a whore to updates - just install 'em, it's all good fun ;)

ezri

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2003
Originally posted by mrjamin
Hmm, i never had any issues withe the battery life - your machine sounds a few months newer than mine if it came with 10.2.3 - you've got it within the last 6 weeks i presume?

Actually, I got it last week. I was thinking about buying my first mac and couldn't resist getting the slightly older 12in 800mhz combo on sale. So far I've only played chess on it and changed the system prefs. It will have to wait till I start grad school in the fall to see some real use.

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Gee, maybe this should have been a page 1 rumor... ;)

(Don't mind me, I've just been wanting to say that since I saw 10.2.6 did, indeed, come out today... :p)

rog

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Kalapana, HI
No Way! Another 0.0.1 update? That's just too far out of a rumor to possibly be true. I thought they'd just force the world to live with USB kernal panics forever. I for one do not believe this rumor one iota!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.