Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewdvig

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
South Pole
Does this refer to Normailization?

./System/Library/PreferencePanes/Sound.prefPane/Contents/Resources/level_off.tiff
./System/Library/PreferencePanes/Sound.prefPane/Contents/Resources/level_on.tiff

Lots of changes to video and audio. Hopefully we will see better performance.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Looks like next update will update abit of everything. I still want an update to Safari.

cgc

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2003
Utah
Yup, I have problems using Safari to go to my online college web sites (it uses java extensively).

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
Interesting. There are changes to the Altivec-enhanced parts of DVD Player.

I really really hope this update delivers increased video driver performance, and I'd like there to be some OpenGL improvements in the final build.

edit: QuickTime performance is down in Panther.

AppleMatt

jettredmont

macrumors 68030
Jul 25, 2002
First, someone should probably grab a mirror of this ... NDA'd contents won't last long on the open web ...

That having been said, the healthy list of display parameter updates catches my eye, although the files themselves aren't new (they all exist in 10.3.1). Wonder why all the display overrides settings changed ...

TylerL

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
This list is from 7D12. The last seeded build is 7D15 (two weeks ago), and is twice the size.

gairloch

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2002
Montréal
_ì_œë°œ....

Please stop screwing up the system by posting stuff that deals with NDAs...

Stick to rumours...y'know.... stuff like "we heard smthng"

Besides, it's more fun guessing what is and what isn't true....

kinda like looking a bikini-clad versus nude, eh.

gairloch

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2002
Montréal
Not for me!

Originally posted by AppleMatt
QuickTime performance is down in Panther.

Hey there friend... I don't know 'bout you and your setup, but on my iBook 600 Jaguar started stuttering with two videos playing at once...

Panther does me fine.

Rincewind42

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2003
Orlando, FL
The straw...

I suspect this little leak will be the straw that broke the camel's back. Somehow I don't think that there will be too many more reports of information like this surfacing...

He even had the gaul to leave the NDA reminder in...

mustang_dvs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Durham, NC
Rincewind42: I agree -- it's things like this that make Apple less and less likely to release sensitive information to small and independent developers - the groups that comprise the majority of the Apple Developer Connection.

Leaks like this, with the brazen inclusion of the NDA and the exact text of Apple's devnote, on undermine the system that ADC members pay for the priviledge of using. I for one don't appreciate it when morons, like this and the ones who post developmental builds to Kazaa and Gnutella, throw away my $3,000 annual investment in ADC.

That said, I don't particularly mind when insiders throw the larger user base bread crumbs of what is to come and what future builds bring...

dho

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2003
California
This kinda ruins it for future information that people would have more interest in.

All that is really necasary is posting things like

10.3.2 has been seeded with many improvements
we will find out soon enough.

Macrumors could then say
it is rumored that things like dvd player have been updated.

this is just going to far

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Well, it certainly makes me wonder if it was a developer in Korea or whether it's just someone in Korea posting the information.

How many Premier developers would consider their relationship with Apple to be trivial enough to post such information? Perhaps, it's a hobbyist with a Select membership.

I'll just be happy to see things fixed and more stable. :)

Sunrunner

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2003
It is unfortunate that some who are connected make arses of themselves with such blatant flaunting of the "rules". Apple has given ADC users a rather useful insight that makes the software development process much easier and faster, but it is monkeys like this that will mess it all up if given the chance. Apple does devnotes as a favor... they by no means have to do it. Thus, if ADC users become a security problem, Apple will stop giving them such heads ups.

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
Originally posted by ITR 81
Looks like next update will update abit of everything. I still want an update to Safari.

look at the list of changed files again. webkit receives an update. because the rendering engine is contained in a system framework, safari itself doesn't need to be updated to see improvements.

kkubaryc

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2003
Paris, France
Maybe the NDA is the problem...

With all due respect to developers--who are vital to the success of OS X and Apple--I would just like to remind the NDA holders that Apple just released two versions of OS X that for many users were effectively trojan horses. Some might argue that we were let down by those who were involved in the beta testing.

Perhaps we would have benefitted from some leaked NDA-sensitive information before being screwed by the original 10.2.8 and "firewire-enhanced" 10.3. Something like "I know this violates the NDA, but avoid this OS update if you depend on the following..."

This kind of "leaked" information could be useful and I can't see what is served by the secrecy--other than making people feel cool for getting the inside scoop. Whether Apple charges a $3000 fee or not is another issue. It's bad enough that we have no idea what Apple is planning for future hardware, we also have to guess what software improvements are on tap. Rumors sites shouldn't be necessary, but they obviously are since Apple values shock and awe over predicability and dependability. 15" Alu white spots anyone? DHCP exploit?

The bugs that are getting though the testers are not trivial, nor is the list short. As developers likely use only the latest hardware, that leaves older HW underrepresented in the testing pool. A broader sample of users in the beta program might not be such a bad thing. Perhaps even some certified mainstream information available from sources other than rumors sites would be nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.