Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuzzai

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2004
Canada
on apple.com, with this new .8 update, one of the key points is

- improved file sharing and directory services for mixed Mac and PC networks

Welll i use PC & Mac at home. and after taking this update on the mac, i tried to transfer a 100meg file today, and it wasn't moving fast at all!
Now im using a wireless network with the mac, but 40min to move 100megs? Its normaly alot faster then that, and this has happened after this update.

I have searched a couple post on the site regarding .8 update, however did not see anything regarding my problem.

Can anyone shed some light?
thanks

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
fuzzai said:
on apple.com, with this new .8 update, one of the key points is

- improved file sharing and directory services for mixed Mac and PC networks

Welll i use PC & Mac at home. and after taking this update on the mac, i tried to transfer a 100meg file today, and it wasn't moving fast at all!
Now im using a wireless network with the mac, but 40min to move 100megs? Its normaly alot faster then that, and this has happened after this update.

I have searched a couple post on the site regarding .8 update, however did not see anything regarding my problem.

Can anyone shed some light?
thanks
Maybe your network is slow today. If it makes you feel better, update your prebindings by optimizing your system.

fuzzai

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2004
Canada
slow? Network?
not likely.

"update your prebindings"
I have no clue what that is. but i looked it up and ill try it.

but seriously. anyone else getting network problems?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.