Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrSavage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
I am about to upgrade my systems to OS 10.3, does anyone know of any software or hardware conflicts that may arise when using, pro tools 6.7, logic 6.3,( soon to be 7) with native instrument plugins.
I work as the music technician at a college we have had problems with the need for multiple loggins, using os10.2. All the students need to log in as admin to beable to change midi/audio setting when using the audio packages, but this is a security risk for us, can using 10.3 remedy this?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
MrSavage said:
I am about to upgrade my systems to OS 10.3, does anyone know of any software or hardware conflicts that may arise when using, pro tools 6.7, logic 6.3,( soon to be 7) with native instrument plugins.
I work as the music technician at a college we have had problems with the need for multiple loggins, using os10.2. All the students need to log in as admin to beable to change midi/audio setting when using the audio packages, but this is a security risk for us, can using 10.3 remedy this?
I have no personal experience with software incompatibilies. Neither have I heard of anyone else have problems with software compatibility. So, if your app works with MacOS X 10.2, you can rest assured that it will work with 10.3.

FightTheFuture

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2003
that town east of ann arbor
Avid DV express 3.5 stopped working for me when i upgraded to panther. but everything else seems to work. though i dont use any audio software. as far as i can see protools 6.7 should work in 10.3. my coworker also told me he was running logic pro 6 at home on 10.3 before upgrading to 7.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
10.3 is sweet I'm sure it will go ok. I just upgraded my home mac and a friends old iMac DV with only just enough RAM to panther and we are both happy.

good luck although I will say that the archive and install option (with save setting option activated) seems to be the way to go. A totally clean install is ideal but usually impractical.

good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.