Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c23roo

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2004
I have searched high and low and short of upgrading I have not been able to get my iCal (3.0.8) on my Mac Pro 1,1 desktop (running Leopard 10.5.8) to sync with my iPhone 4 (running 5.1.1).

I tried to delete my old MobileMe calendar on iCal and add a new account, specifying the server address (pox-caldav...) and came up with errors each time. I have been to this site: http://maggiemcfee.com/2011/10/13/icloudical/ and tried that workaround as well. Error message I get is: Unable to connect to the proper server.

I enabled iCloud on my iPhone and then got duplicate entries for calendar events. I have tried simply syncing the phone manually (connecting the phone to the computer and doing so through iTunes) but also have the problem of duplicate calendar entries.

Any suggestions or solutions you could point me toward would be helpful.
Much appreciated -

Last edited:

c23roo

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2004
Just to follow up,
I upgraded to Snow Leopard and used the fix found online in multiple locations. Seems to be working fine now... May have staved off a major upgrade for the time being.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.