Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
Loving the iPad Pro, it is everything every review is saying it is, and even more. This is an exceptional machine. It is my first day on an adventure into iPad only professional computing and I have just run into a couple of major roadblocks that I hadn't anticipated having to worry about. And it has nothing to do with workflows yet...

Excel is not working in split screen. Word and PowerPoint are working as they should, however. Also Calculator Pro (I use this as the small app on the right side a lost with my mini 4) does not resize when put into split screen.

Can anyone confirm these apps are not working properly in split screen on the new 10.5" iPad Pro on iOS 10.3.2?

Screen shot of both apps acting up:

File 2017-06-14, 12 39 00.png

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
Maybe one of the apps need to be updated.
Crap...indeed.

Looked and I have 18 updates to do! Irritating because I have automatic updates turned on...never even thought to check there...

Although Calc Pro was not one of them...anybody got a good calculator app that is split screen compatible?

PS - that update fixed Excel, by the way. Now works as it should. Ditto for Dropbox, and a few other key apps...

Last edited:
Reactions: HiItsMe

Nmeyrick

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
Today is my first foray into split screen so can't vouch for it, but I've just loaded calculator free onto mine and it formats nicely for slide over

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Crap...indeed.

Looked and I have 18 updates to do! Irritating because I have automatic updates turned on...never even thought to check there...

Although Calc Pro was not one of them...anybody got a good calculator app that is split screen compatible?

PS - that update fixed Excel, by the way. Now works as it should. Ditto for Dropbox, and a few other key apps...

I had the same. many apps needed to be updated. Only took about 8-10 minutes and mine was done. Problem with many Calc apps is that they do not get updated often.

Reactions: MyopicPaideia

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Crap...indeed.

PCalc works in split screen on my 9.7" pro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.