Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CalPoly10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2006
Here's the setup. I am running a brand new Mac Pro, installed with Mac OS 10.5 Server. There are 5 other computers in the office, all Macs, connected to a Time Machine Router via. Wireless. The server is connected via Ethernet cable.

I want to do a few main things:

1) Create a shared Address Book (on the server, perhaps), where clients can see it from their workspace, view contacts, add contacts, etc. How is this done?

2) Do the same thing as the Address Book, but for iCal.

3) Access the server externally (from home). I created a dyndns name, but which ports need to be opened? How do I set the server as the .DMZ host from the Time Capsule? There isn't an option to do this!

I hope someone can help me here. Thanks!

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
1. I believe Leopard server has email servers built-in. Check your Server Utilities.

2. Same as #1.

3. Do NOT set the server as a DMZ host. You might as well just set the thing on the Internet without a firewall at all. I'd check the documents / online help for Leopard server. It should have all the details you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.