Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Yay! Hopefully someone will make a longer Sport band for the Watch since the current one only goes up to 210mm and it'll be a (slight) squeeze on me.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
Pretty sure genuine is used to describe the leather being authentic. And that's a good thing.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
How can this product already have 112 reviews? :confused:

I hate when sellers do this. They bundle it in with other items they have for sale, and you "choose" which one you want, as if you were choosing a size or color. But they are entirely different products - they have watch bands, screen protectors, and cases all in the same ad. And that allows the reviews from other items to show up under the new items like this Apple Watch. I'm assuming that's why they do it.

But that just seems to be too "scam-like" for me (or gaming the review system) and I won't ever buy from a company that does this.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
Sorry for $10 you get what you pay for. No way will these be quality anything.

Genuine doesn't say anything about quality. Genuine is saying that it's not pleather or any other leather-like material. It's taken from real cowhide.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
How can this product already have 112 reviews? :confused:

Add that to the "Apple watch more distracting to drivers than cellphones" article I saw a few days ago. The watch isn't even available yet and it's already distracting drivers haha.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
If I'm buying a £600 watch I'm sure as hell not buying a £10 third party watch strap by some unknown company based in China. I'm willing to spend less then the cost of the first party official strap if it's made by a company I've heard of and I know has a good reputation.

bumpylumpy

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2015
Add that to the "Apple watch more distracting to drivers than cellphones" article I saw a few days ago. The watch isn't even available yet and it's already distracting drivers haha.

Hey, I've been distracted thinking about my future Apple watch way more than anything recently!

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
The ugly clasps ruins those. Although I'm expecting a lot of great bands available for well under Apple's pricing.

bumpylumpy

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2015
Wonder how you're supposed to attach it then lol

Yeah - it's clearly misleading, because the front photo shows it with the metal lugs, and yet the side profile strap shows it without, exactly like the sport strap with just a thicker section that slides in place.

So basically the front photos are a lie.

I suspect eventually people may figure out how to make the metal attachments once they get their hands on the shipping watches and bands.

I am Sampson

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
Plymouth, UK
If I'm buying a £600 watch I'm sure as hell not buying a £10 third party watch strap by some unknown company based in China. I'm willing to spend less then the cost of the first party official strap if it's made by a company I've heard of and I know has a good reputation.

That may be true, but if I am buying a £339 watch as for me much more is too pricy, hen I would spend £10-£30ish to get a leather strap over the one it comes with which I'm not keen on so far. Though I'm not keen on the clasp on these specific offerings.

My £250 citizen ecodrive strap broke a year or so ago and I used a £15 leather one and it is perfect and still looks great.

shacky

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
Has anyone seen the "slider hardware"? I plan on buying a Sport model and adding an aftermarket band, but obviously, will need the slider with loop hardware.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
That may be true, but if I am buying a £339 watch as for me much more is too pricy, hen I would spend £10-£30ish to get a leather strap over the one it comes with which I'm not keen on so far. Though I'm not keen on the clasp on these specific offerings.

My £250 citizen ecodrive strap broke a year or so ago and I used a £15 leather one and it is perfect and still looks great.

Fair enough but each to his own. Personally I don't hold the same opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.