Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macwick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2008
Apologies if this has been answered already - I searched around and couldn't find an answer.

AT&T is apparently offering an $100 discount on an LTE iPad Air if you sign up for a 1 year contract (I have a Mobile Share plan and would add the iPad Air for $10/month).

Question is - do you have to buy the iPad Air from AT&T to get this discount? Or can I buy the iPad from an Apple store and somehow get this discount (either instantly or as some kind of bill credit).

Thanks in advance for your help. I'd prefer to pick up my LTE Air at an Apple store tomorrow.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Sorry, no dice, I checked. AT&T will only give the discount on an iPad purchased directly from them.

If you plan to use them for data for at least 2 years, you're crazy not to buy it from them, unless you have money to burn, which, since you're even asking, I assume you do not.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Hmm... 1 year? Last year it was 2 year commit.

Either way....its 10 months of "free" sharing of data.

If you are going to use it often and don't want to go monthly, then its the way to go.

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Sorry, no dice, I checked. AT&T will only give the discount on an iPad purchased directly from them.

Sort of.

If you purchase directly from AT&T, you get $100 off your device.

If you buy the device elsewhere and bring it into AT&T to activate, you get $100 off your next bill.

So, either way, you save $100.

(I'm not sure if you activate directly from your iPad if they allow you to choose this option??)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.