Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricmcgmr

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
Just a heads up. Mac Gamer HQ just released this list with the Top 100 Mac games. The descriptions are pretty detailed and you can also filter the games by genre, paid or free, and even the type of Mac needed:
http://www.macgamerhq.com/guides/best-mac-games/

Your thoughts? Any big game you would add?

Ric

wubsylol

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2014
I would scrap Shadow of Mordor from that list. Personal preference, I know, but I can't for the life of me understand why everyone raves about that game :\

Seeing Firewatch on the list is nice. I thoroughly enjoyed that game, despite it's length.

ricmcgmr

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
I would scrap Shadow of Mordor from that list. Personal preference, I know, but I can't for the life of me understand why everyone raves about that game :\

Seeing Firewatch on the list is nice. I thoroughly enjoyed that game, despite it's length.

Yeah, I have the same feeling about Firewatch. Very good game but kinda short. Still, for the price, no regrets. Shadow of Mordor was so hot overall, it was seeing as a miracle that it made it to the Mac. That's why everyone raves about it :)

s.brundle

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2016
Do you guys have any advice on which Macbook you think is best suited to gaming? I'm not really tech savvy but I don't think it would be as simple as getting the latest model, right? There's thing like dedicated graphics cards etc. to consider... right? Haha like I said I'm not tech savvy. Tried to start my own thread but I'm guessing new members new members cannot do that. Don't mean to crash the thread but I think this could also help the original point of this thread.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Do you guys have any advice on which Macbook you think is best suited to gaming? I'm not really tech savvy but I don't think it would be as simple as getting the latest model, right? There's thing like dedicated graphics cards etc. to consider... right? Haha like I said I'm not tech savvy. Tried to start my own thread but I'm guessing new members new members cannot do that. Don't mean to crash the thread but I think this could also help the original point of this thread.

They all aren't great but if you want to play the latest AAA games then yes, you'd want the 15" with the dedicated card.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
The Elder Scrolls Online
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Bioshock 1 & 2

Just four I would add.

Thing with these lists is they become personal to the readers taste.

Oh, and what is Word of Warcraft ? :p

Last edited:

ricmcgmr

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
The Elder Scrolls Online
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Bioshock 1 & 2

Just four I would add.

Thing with these lists is they become personal to the readers taste.

Oh, and what is Word of Warcraft ? :p
Elder Scrolls online and Bioshock 1 are both on the list ;)

Never played BioShock 2 but I hear the Minerva's DLC was terrific.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
I am sure they was'nt when I first see that list, oh well my mistake, sorry.

Grimrock
Lords of Xulima

ricmcgmr

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
I am sure they was'nt when I first see that list, oh well my mistake, sorry.

Grimrock
Lords of Xulima

Do you mean Grimrock 1 or 2? Because the 2 is also already in ;)

First time I hear about Lords of Xiluma though.

sparkplug37

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
Nice list, its shown me games I never knew existed.

BTW: My 2pc, Shadow of Mordor is poor and Bioshock 2 with, or without the Minerva DLC, should be in and very near the top of the list. Borderland 1 and 2 are better then the pre-sequel.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Do you mean Grimrock 1 or 2? Because the 2 is also already in ;)

First time I hear about Lords of Xiluma though.

Grimrock 1
[doublepost=1457433667][/doublepost]Darkest Dungeon

Blackguards 1
Blackguards 2
Pillars of Eternity

Last edited:

ricmcgmr

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
Nice list, its shown me games I never knew existed.

BTW: My 2pc, Shadow of Mordor is poor and Bioshock 2 with, or without the Minerva DLC, should be in and very near the top of the list. Borderland 1 and 2 are better then the pre-sequel.

Borderlands 1 wasn't that good. I though it felt undercooked. Borderlands 2 was pretty cool though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.