Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2017
Best Buy has the Mini 6 for $100 off all four models. Are they just running a good sale, reducing inventory, or could it mean a Mini 7 this fall? A Mini 2022 seems unlikely given that the Mini 6 was released September 2021 and previous releases have mostly gone much longer from one to the next.

I am considering buying one for my niece since she is using the 2018 iPad Pro 11 that I gave her for lots more things than I thought she would. I think the Mini would give her a more portable option for reading and quick sketching.

If there’s a new Mini released this fall, I’d just give her my Mini 6 (256G cellular) and get a new one. I could wait until then, but her birthday is in August, her baby is due in August, and who knows how long the sale will last. I’d probably get her the 64G WiFi one since she has an iPhone (for tethering) and probably doesn’t need a ton of storage for basic reading and sketching.

Some of you are pretty good at reading tea leaves so I’m curious what y’all think about the reason for the sale.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Should just be standard sale. Before, iPads used to never go on sale. Since 2013 or so, it seems like Apple has lifted that restriction.

Honestly, it feels like Apple has increased MSRP just to get as much money from the early birds as they can. Meanwhile for those willing to wait, they can buy iPads at the old “normal” prices.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Best Buy has the Mini 6 for $100 off all four models. Are they just running a good sale, reducing inventory, or could it mean a Mini 7 this fall? A Mini 2022 seems unlikely given that the Mini 6 was released September 2021 and previous releases have mostly gone much longer from one to the next.

I am considering buying one for my niece since she is using the 2018 iPad Pro 11 that I gave her for lots more things than I thought she would. I think the Mini would give her a more portable option for reading and quick sketching.

If there’s a new Mini released this fall, I’d just give her my Mini 6 (256G cellular) and get a new one. I could wait until then, but her birthday is in August, her baby is due in August, and who knows how long the sale will last. I’d probably get her the 64G WiFi one since she has an iPhone (for tethering) and probably doesn’t need a ton of storage for basic reading and sketching.

Some of you are pretty good at reading tea leaves so I’m curious what y’all think about the reason for the sale.
Apple is not going to tell Best Buy their future iPad plans so it means you can save money on the iPad.

In this case, let her use your Mini to decide which screen size she prefers, although she may enjoy having the smaller one after her baby because it will be easier to hold with one hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: LibbyLA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.