Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
So I was looking into my video setting after the Note 9 Update and there are none. We don’t even get an option like we did on my Note 5 or S8+ if we want 1080p30 FPS or 1080p 60 FPS

All that’s left are 3 Quality setting and no mention or option to take video at 1440p or 1080p or even 4K.

What happened ?

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
Are you talking about the rear camera?

I can select UHD 60fps on mine.

You have to select video to get the video options though, you can't do in the photo options.

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
So I was looking into my video setting after the Note 9 Update and there are none. We don’t even get an option like we did on my Note 5 or S8+ if we want 1080p30 FPS or 1080p 60 FPS

All that’s left are 3 Quality setting and no mention or option to take video at 1440p or 1080p or even 4K.

What happened ?
It does have 4k 60fps. Select video, then go in to settings, rear camera. You should have 3 aspect ratios to choose from, select 16:9 and below it there will be a drop down box with resolution, click on that and you will have 5 options to choose from, UHD 60fps is the top one.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
It does have 4k 60fps. Select video, then go in to settings, rear camera. You should have 3 aspect ratios to choose from, select 16:9 and below it there will be a drop down box with resolution, click on that and you will have 5 options to choose from, UHD 60fps is the top one.
Nope not on USA version

I have a Sprint USA Qualcomm 845 version I set Video go Into settings I have 3 different resolution options. But No 4K and No Frame Rate option.

Please help

Last edited:

samplez

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2018

What happened ?

I have PIE on my unlocked Note 9 and the Option IS THERE. 4K 60FPS. Just select rear video size then select Resolution...

Reactions: jamesrick80

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
"Look stunning"

Erm...

What does the frame rate have to do with how the frame "looks" ? Are you doing slow getting dressed scenes over and over or something?

We are talking about video, not photography. It is more pleasant to watch 60 FPS than 30 FPS, therefore 60 FPS video look more beautiful to me. If you do not like it, fine, let others who do like it enjoy it. That's all.

Edit: I should have looked at your name before engaging into any conversation with you.

Last edited:

Hater

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland

Right click and click stats for nerds, get it playing at 30FPS and then get it at 60FPS - tell me how it feels. Dunno about you but for me it's a jittery mess, purely because of the relation to shutter speed vs. frame rate. That's also because all of that is CGI.

Photography is done at 0FPS, because... well, they're photos, so unsure what that's all about

Reactions: iSilas

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
Right click and click stats for nerds, get it playing at 30FPS and then get it at 60FPS - tell me how it feels. Dunno about you but for me it's a jittery mess, purely because of the relation to shutter speed vs. frame rate. That's also because all of that is CGI.

Photography is done at 0FPS, because... well, they're photos, so unsure what that's all about

I don't know why you are talking about photos, the whole subject of this thread is about video.....
Video at 60fps is much smoother than 30fps, probably something to do with having double the framerate.
That was the point of the video, to illustrate the difference in a simple manner.
But who really cares, you're totally on the wrong page anyway.

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
What type of CPU do you have ? Because Exynos does but Qualcomm does not.

You seriously need to chill out. You are wrong. The snapdragon does have that feature as my Note 9 did it and so does my S9+. You are just not looking in the right place like others are telling you.

Screenshot_20190313-102038_Camera.jpg

Reactions: MarkX

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
You seriously need to chill out. You are wrong. The snapdragon does have that feature as my Note 9 did it and so does my S9+. You are just not looking in the right place like others are telling you.

View attachment 826157
Thank you for this Screen shot what CPU do you have ? Mine does Not have this option.

Update, Never mind I found it. I was not clicking directly on the Resolution Option. I finally did and a drop down menu came up. There really needs to be an Icon denoting that a drop down menu is available.

Last edited:

samplez

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2018
Lol @ the fake Samsung. I also use 60 fps but not at 4k for two reasons. One is that it takes up a lot of space, I got a Note 9 with 128+256gb sd card and 4K 60fps takes a lot of space. Second is that it takes too long to transfer these files to my computer lol. But I can never give up the life like smooth movements of a 60fps.
[doublepost=1552533932][/doublepost]
Thank you for this Screen shot what CPU do you have ? Mine does Not have this option.

Update, Never mind I found it. I was not clicking directly on the Resolution Option. I finally did and a drop down menu came up. There really needs to be an Icon denoting that a drop down menu is available.

That's what I told you to do man... glad you found it. I do agree it's not a very logical spot to put that option.

Last edited:

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland

People did say, a few times, select the resolution!

Oh well, ateast you found it

Reactions: Tsepz

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019

Like I told you, snapdragon. You continue to argue but you just kept missing it. Geez. Glad you found it, but you really need to learn to read the posts better. You missed people telling you exactly where to go, and that I had snapdragon.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009

Android rule of thumb ......Tap everything!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.