Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trainwrecka

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2007
Earth
I was so excited to get my new car (2016 Civic) with Apple's Carplay software. I have a lot of apps on my phone (I actually have alphabetized folders to sort them), but only about 12 apps are on my Carplay screen. I know a lot of the apps wouldn't be needed in Carplay mode, but I also have a lot that would. I'm shocked Waze, Google Maps, Soundcloud, AmazonMusic, RockMyRun* and YouTube** are not supported.

On top of that, out of the 12 apps, two have issues (Mixcloud loads to a blank screen and Overcast crashes a lot).

Is there a list of apps that have Carplay ability?

* I know this is for "running", but I just like the mixes. Good variety.
** YouTube - audio only is great when listening to lectures/presentations/sermons, etc. Only available with YouTube Red though.

trainwrecka

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2007
Earth
If only we could get Waze on carplay. It is one of the basics of driving around México city. Much more flexible around traffic than any other map utility.

It is my understanding they are owned by Google, so it looks like Andriod Auto only for now.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I was so excited to get my new car (2016 Civic) with Apple's Carplay software. I have a lot of apps on my phone (I actually have alphabetized folders to sort them), but only about 12 apps are on my Carplay screen. I know a lot of the apps wouldn't be needed in Carplay mode, but I also have a lot that would. I'm shocked Waze, Google Maps, Soundcloud, AmazonMusic, RockMyRun* and YouTube** are not supported.

On top of that, out of the 12 apps, two have issues (Mixcloud loads to a blank screen and Overcast crashes a lot).

Is there a list of apps that have Carplay ability?

* I know this is for "running", but I just like the mixes. Good variety.
** YouTube - audio only is great when listening to lectures/presentations/sermons, etc. Only available with YouTube Red though.
http://www.carplaylife.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.