Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kieranic

Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
EDIT: Problem solved. I just remembered using SwitchResX in the past and after mucking around with the settings, it did nothing so I uninstalled. I just reinstalled it now and reset the screen to factory-setting and it works perfectly fine now. Thanks for all your help! :)

Hey.
I have a 13" Macbook from 2009 and recently, I tried to play a game with the resolution of 1024x768. The thing is, there was a huge black area on the left of the screen and the "screen" was moved to the very right (with some of the bottom and right cut off)... I don't remember it being like this a while ago. I can't take a screenshot because when I do, it shows it perfectly (Like, not cut off or anything).

I know there are meant to be black bars on the sides of the screen, I just want the picture centered and not cut-off (I understand that 1024x768 is not the native resolution of the monitor, but I do remember having it centered).

Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited:

Kieranic

Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
Nope, didn't do anything (Did it twice).

For some reason though, 1440x900 and 1344x840 are also displayed in System Preferences (when I select them, It'll display the top-left corner (missing around 100 or so pixels because my Macbook screen only supports up to 1280x800)).

UD6pB.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.