Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

refuserefuse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
US
I post rarely so If I am putting this in the wrong place, please take no offense and adjust if needed or let me know how to. Treads that I find by searching are already closed.

I have a 6s running 11.2.2 and went through pangu8's walkthrough: Zjailbreak-->Anzhuang-->Cydia

I can not seem to find answers to the below on the above mentioned support pages or anywhere else on the internet.

1. I understand this is not a untethered jailbreak as I did years ago, but should be semi-untethered. However searching and searching I can't find clear steps for rebooting correctly. From various points I can infer that either I have to go through the whole process over again, take some kind of short cut, and/or use a sideloader. However the only thing I can find assumes Yalu jail break which is not what I used and ppjailbreak which I can only find being applied to 10.*. What is the proper/best way to reboot with this set up?

2. On the step from installing cydia on Anzhuang, which must have only been updated a couple weeks ago, I see not cydia as in the walkthrough but cydia light. On my home screen it just says cydia but within cydia almost none of the options with > to open more settings etc. do not respond. When I go to "manage account" which is almost the only on that responds, it tells me I must jailbreak my iphone and directs me back to zjailbreak which is where I already came from. I feel like I am missing something obvious but repeating the process changes nothing.

If anyone that can spot the problem or direct me to better discussions/walkthroughs I would be very grateful.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Not available for 11.2.2, do not use Pangu or whatever.

Go to reddit, subreddit r/jailbreak for all jailbreak news.

Reactions: ross1998

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
Nope, go to reddit jailbreak for updated and active jailbreak forum. Nothing avaliable past 11.1.2 right now and even that one doesn't include cydia yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.