Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Hi,

This one is making me tear my hair out.
Trying to download podcasts from "CLUBLIFE" by Tiesto.
Getting the "Unable to Download Podcast - .. could not be downloaded at this time" dialog on most of the episodes. Only the two most recent ones downloaded OK.
Tried the following
- Tried on iPhone 8 plus, iPad and MBP. The iphone and ipad are having the issue, the MBP can download all episodes fine. Same wifi network.
- Switching to 4G only
- Uninstall podcast app, reinstall
- Unsub and resub to podcast
- reboot device
- sign out of icloud and back in
- reset network settings
- set DNS servers manually in WiFi connection.

It only seems to affect this podcast on mobiles.

Any ideas? This is really frustrating!

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Was able to download an old episode on iPhone, but, was slowwww on a fast wifi. Guessing podcaster's server is wonky (I believe Apple does not host the files, just has a link to the media).

Per post, seems that other podcasts loading ok? If so, I'd try contacting the podcaster to see if something on their end.

ADD: is the podcast available via other podcast services or the podcaster have a website with the podcasts listed? Might try downloading from there to see if still running into issues.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Still not working on iPhone. My workaround is to download them within itunes on Mac and just copy the MP3s over for now. Need my podcast fix for the gym!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.