Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
no for me, 5G is not available in my area and probably years out ... and all the other rumored features are also not enticing.
What would be cool would be an add super tele camera, eg 4x or 8x but no rumors about that

ACB 123

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2015
You can miss a couple years of up grading and not miss anything. Up grading every year is not like it was at the beginning of iPhones. Now if it makes you feel better/happier then do it. The little increment changes is laugh able. When they change the modem manufacture and it gets better reception at low signal then that maybe a reason to up grade. Another good reason to up grade is that you just want to. Go for it. It's your life.

Reactions: djransom

serpico007

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2017
I’ll make a decision after the event and see exactly what is introduced. But my wife wants my 11 Pro Max for the camera mainly so I’m not sure what I’ll use. I have a SE and Note 9 so no rush to spend money again like last year.

RobinNL

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2017
World
I feel the market has matured. In previous years I'd really feel the upgrades but apart from the camera (which is increasingly software) this is no longer the case.

The weird thing is though it's kinda become a tradition and I like it. :eek:

Justin51

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2014
11 pro max user and feel like it's a touch to big.... So this year I think I am opting for the 12 pro as it's just a touch smaller and the 12 pro max will be even larger.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
My husband is pretty sure he’s going from the 11 Pro Max to the 12 Pro Max. He wants the largest available display size and the most richly featured camera.

I’m on an 11Pro and 2020 Se. I plan to stay on the 11 Pro but may trade the SE in for the 12 Mini. I’d like a better battery and bigger display on an even smaller phone chassis. But I’m not dissatisfied with my SE so I am still on the fence and will make up my mind when I see the new phones. I don’t really know for sure what I’m going to do until my options are actually right in front of me. I have a history of planning one thing and then doing something completely different after all.

serpico007

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2017
My carrier is expanding 5G this month most likely due to the new iPhone I assume. They have carried several Android 5G phones for a couple of years but had a small area of coverage. Will be interesting to see how it progresses the next few months when all iPhones are available.

Joho2078

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2019
I’m upgrading to potentially four iPhones depending on 5g bands but more realistically I’ll be buying the largest and smallest iPhone 12 again depending on 5g

earthdog

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2014
New Industrial Design + 5G + A14 Chip.

No upgrade for me. I left the IPhone and went to Samsung simply because of the boxy form factor. I came back when the iPhone 6 came out. Now I am too deep in the Apple world to give up but I am not going to a boxy device again. So my 11 Pro Max will do for now. I may cave on the boxy format for the 13 but the current feature set that is public is not compelling for me.

iPhaithful

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
I don't think this question really has much meaning unless you're asking those of us who buy the phone outright. If your carrier (or Apple) has you signed up for monthly payments and you can upgrade every year (and the monthly cost is something you're used to) then having the latest one out is almost always going to be the option chosen.

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
I'm upgrading my iPhone 11 Pro Max to a 12 Pro Max.

My reasons:

1. I get a new iPhone every hear because I'm really passionate about them. I've done so since the first iPhone. It's just my hobby
2. new camera, new design, 5G (yes we have good 5G coverage in Switzerland)

Looking forward to it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.