Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vinbasshred

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2022
Ever since I updated to 12.0.1 Monterey, my Hitatchi Bluetooth Speaker(s) no longer connect, but it's not just that: audio drops in and out when using a pro audio cable plugged into speaker from headphone jack.

It mutes randomly. Then comes back for a few seconds... then mutes again for a min...over and over... it's a kind of torture.

So the only way to listen to anything is internal speakers. BOGUS.

Apple has no solution to this?!

LimL

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2021

vinbasshred.​

Apple apparently reworked the Bluetooth stack extensively for Monterey. 12.0.1 is known for Bluetooth problems. My Logitech Bluetooth causes random reboot with 12.0.1. Many people experiencing different level of problems with Bluetooth devices in 12.0.1.

12.1 fixes some Bluetooth problems. At least my Macbook Air M1 no longer randomly reboot with 12.1 . So you want to consider 12.1 . However, 12.1 is not without problems either, I urge you to do your own due diligence before upgrading.

vinbasshred

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2022
Yikes! This problem also effects an analog cable plugged into headphone jack to speaker as well. So not just a bluetooth problem, but an entire audio output problem. I will look into the update, thanks for the reply!

vinbasshred

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2022
luckily the audio cable problem seems to happen a lot less when using itunes... but really bad when on youtube.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.