Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

austriak5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
Before I go through the pain of restoring my iphone, is anyone having battery drain on 12.1.3? First couple days, I would wake up and my battery would be down 20%, which it never did before. I also just notice that my battery is draining more quickly.

Reactions: max2

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
Before I go through the pain of restoring my iphone, is anyone having battery drain on 12.1.3? First couple days, I would wake up and my battery would be down 20%, which it never did before. I also just notice that my battery is draining more quickly.

On all 3 of my iDevices battery was draining much quicker. I did a DFU a few hrs ago.

Reactions: max2

Mike-G

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2013
UK
I’ve got this on my iPhone 7. It’s also getting really hot below the camera on the rear.

I usually get through the day with about 40-50% battery life left. Now I get about 5 hours to a charge, mostly in standby.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA

Before you ever restore, it’s better to put your device into recovery mode and try to update it again so iTunes can download the full firmware and reinstall the OS maybe it can save the hassle of a restore.

Was there a change in habit?

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Yes, I can confirm also. My battery drain (even just hours on standby) is much faster than on the previous 12.1.2. This is on iPhone XS.

Battery drain is fast on STANDBY…. even with Bluetooth OFF, Low Power Mode ON, and even after having QUIT out all apps. Which means no apps running in the background. Battery draining roughly 1% per hour on standby (which means I'm not touching the phone). Yuck.

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
I had it then I did the Reset All Settings via Settings- General- Reset - Reset All Settings and this fixed my battery drain!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.