Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stuey3D

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Hi all.

I was once on the 12.2 beta (beta 2) on my iPhone XR however due to a bug with iMessage notifications I decided to DFU restore back to release firmware (12.1.4) and set up my iPhone as brand new.

I decluttered and got rid of half my unused apps and generally tidied up my phone and things seem to be running better than before.

HOWEVER

I’m not sure if it’s just me but the battery just doesn’t seem to be lasting quite as long as it did on the 12.2 beta which I am finding odd as the device is cleaner and it also doesn’t have a load of beta diagnostics running in the background.

I mean it could just be me looking for an issue, but to me the battery definitely doesn’t seem to be lasting as long as before.

So my question for those still on the beta train is are you finding battery life on 12.2 better/worse/on par with 12.1.3/4?

Stuey3D

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
You should’ve stayed on the beta because beta 3 seems to improve on battery life
I'm happy to wait until the final thing, the bug I had was a real showstopper and it seems i'm not the only one as there is another thread on it that I've replied to.

Good to know that when it is ready that I might get a nice little battery boost, and also that I haven't gone crazy and that 12.2 was better on battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.