Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aikawa24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2023
Hi,

ive an iPad Air 1. gen with LTE and it runs fine but the LTE does not function anymore.
in Settings on mobile there is an error that says it needs an update but its failed.
the iPad is on 12.7.5 so no more Updates are available.

i want to reset the Software and got a warning that the LTE needs an update.
i reseted it anyway and now the setup process hangs on activation.
after choosing Language an Land, setting up Wifi it says activation could not finished because the iPad needs an update.

ive tried several times with recovery and DFU mode but nothing helps.
on MAc I get a timeout on activation.

apple support says it was the wrong decision to reset the iPad an now ive to recycle it, no further support.

is eher a solution to bypass the activation? there is no iCloud activation lock.

Attachments

• IMG_0458.jpeg
    IMG_0458.jpeg
    483.3 KB · Views: 80

okkibs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2022
As far as I understand it this message only occurs when the 4G modem has failed. That's likely why LTE didn't work anymore. Unfortunately activation becomes impossible then. It would have been better to ask us before you tried the reset to prevent the device from being a brick but I understand you could not have expected this outcome. In any case, this iPad unfortunately won't work again.

aikawa24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2023
I thought there may be a solution with an Jailbreak or something because its only a software problem which blocks caused by a Hardware problem which is not really important to the whole system to function

;-( thanks anyway

sdfox7

Contributor
Jan 30, 2022
USA
Strange that it won't activate over Wifi. My old iPad Air A1475 has cellular but it's used over Wifi these days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.