Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxpax444

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
I’m looking at getting a Logitech Combo case - anyone know if there are any front covers that can be used instead of the keyboard with it?

Reactions: jazz1

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I’m looking at getting a Logitech Combo case - anyone know if there are any front covers that can be used instead of the keyboard with it?
I was thinking the same thing. I use my iPad Pro 12.9” with the combo a lot without the keyboard attachmen, but I I’d sure like an option to have protection available when the keyboard is not needed. I suppose a simple sleeve case might be an option. Though not as handy.

I’m receiving a Pad & Quill folio that uses magnets to attach a naked iPad next week. I wonder if the magnets are strong enough to accommodate a combo case. I doubt it. But I’ll give it a try and report.

Update: Nope the Pad & Quill Bradford Magnetic Leather Case 12.9" does not work with the Logitech Combo. I didn't expect it would. Even if it did OP it would be overkill. It is BTW a beautiful leather folio. Sorry for even introducing a crazy idea ?

It is well worth peeling off the Logitech case to use the Pad & Quill (coffee shop runs), but it will probably drive me back to the Apple Magic Keyboard, at least as an occasional option...so I can use the beautiful Pad & Quill.

In most situations I like the Combo set up. As you know with keyboard attached and back panel extended it does take up a lot of space. I fly coach, so I doubt with the keyboard it could fit on the seat tray. Again, I'll probably revert to the MK when I fly.

Finally I hope Logitech would develop a non-keyboard front panel. Unlikely I suppose.

Last edited:

maxpax444

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
Yep, just something to provide a bit of protection when not wanting the keyboard to carry around.

Sounds good!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.