Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Do APPLE offer 3S159 anywhere ????

No, internal tool.

Smooghead

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2008
This is a splitted DMG and you nee all 4 parts in the same folder to mount the dmg.
Thanks for the advice, but I have tried that. If I try and open any one file in the folder I get a "The disk image couldn't be opened. Failed to attach the disk image; error code 109". If I try and open all 4 at once I get "Disk images couldn't be opened. Failed to open 4 out of the 4 selected disk images" message. I am running Monterey, 2.7Gb 12-core processor, 64 Gb memory. I want to run tests as my USB keeps dropping connections. The Mac is also part of a home recording studio running Digital Performer 11, which is sluggish. Even before upgrade to DP11 from DP9 it was sluggish. I had far better performance on my good old reliable MacPro 5.1. Thanks.

Smooghead

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2008
No, internal tool.

Thanks. If its an internal tool, does that mean its accessible via a MacOS CD/DVD ? Thanks

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016

Smooghead

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2008
Well I don't know what's different, but the 4 x dmg files downloaded from the url above do work. I couldn't do a thing with them yesterday, today they are working fine.

Smooghead

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2008
OK its been over 6 months and after pulling my remaining hair out trying to get this to work last year, I gave up.

I have the 4 ASD 3S159 files, in the same folder. On my desktop they refuse to open. Moving them to another disk they open fine and mount the files, but I can't get the ASD OD to restore onto my USB drive. I keep getting Error SSystem 1 which according to www is a critical component error. The fact that my USB connection keeps failing on my Mac Pro6.1 is the reason I'm trying to run the ASD test in the first place. Any help or suggestions would be welcome, before I'm completely bald. Thank you.

Smooghead

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2008
1.jpg
2.jpg

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.