Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s1oplus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2023
Rumors are starting to pop up again. (These are just rumors i heard. Dont take anything seriously and DO NOT sell any device. I will not be responsible if it doesn’t come)
What we know yet:
MX or AX chip.
Lower quality materials. But still aluminum body
12 inch screen. Maybe a 13 inch will be available also
Magsafe and a single usb-c port
I belive it might not nave the notch. If it does the notch should be considerably smaller due to its smaller size
1080p webcam or the newest webcam apple has announced at the date of release
Fanless design
Comming maybe early 2024 or late 2024. Max i expect is early 2025
Touch id.
Will be the thinest apple silicon computer.
If it does come with a AX series chip. I belive it will be a overclocked version of the iphones 16 chip.

Credits to all leakers that “leaked” some about this mac. I added some of my own personal “leaks” like the notch etc

s1oplus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2023
I forgot to mention. But the starting price should be 699 and it will be avalible to compete with high end chromebooks

gpat

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2011
Italy
Mac OS on A-series chip would require Apple to work more for compatibility rather than just keeping the M1 in production.
It will never happen.
Don't know about the rest. Sounds like useless development when you could just continue to sell the M1 Air.

s1oplus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2023
Mac OS on A-series chip would require Apple to work more for compatibility rather than just keeping the M1 in production.
It will never happen.
Don't know about the rest. Sounds like useless development when you could just continue to sell the M1 Air.
The M1 air will not last forever. And there is nothing we can do. I also dont expect apple to randomly put an AX series chip in their system but that doesn’t mean its not comming.

s1oplus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2023
The M1 air will not last forever. And there is nothing we can do. I also dont expect apple to randomly put an AX series chip in their system but that doesn’t mean its not comming.
It MIGHT have an AX series chip. Im 99% percent sure it will come with a MX series chip

YonTom

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2019
It will never happen.
Hmmm I don't know that the two products would be redundant.
While I have a Macbook Air M1 (and I love it), I would happily trade it for a Macbook. Let me elaborate. I just ordered a new Macbook Pro 16" M3 Pro for more performance and more screen real estate. For portability, I am keeping my Macbook Air. But alas, if I already own a more powerful, not-too-portable device (or a desktop), I'd much rather have the original Macbook for even more portablity than the Air, even if I sacrificed power: basically I would only want it for office stuff (Word/Pages...) and light browsing on the go. I feel that the Macbook Air is a better fit for those who need more power than the Macbook would allow but not the extra horsepower of a Macbook pro. The Macbook would be perfect for those who really need the bare minimum in terms of computing power and just want something super light, portable and with great battery life.

loby

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Hmmm I don't know that the two products would be redundant.
While I have a Macbook Air M1 (and I love it), I would happily trade it for a Macbook. Let me elaborate. I just ordered a new Macbook Pro 16" M3 Pro for more performance and more screen real estate. For portability, I am keeping my Macbook Air. But alas, if I already own a more powerful, not-too-portable device (or a desktop), I'd much rather have the original Macbook for even more portablity than the Air, even if I sacrificed power: basically I would only want it for office stuff (Word/Pages...) and light browsing on the go. I feel that the Macbook Air is a better fit for those who need more power than the Macbook would allow but not the extra horsepower of a Macbook pro. The Macbook would be perfect for those who really need the bare minimum in terms of computing power and just want something super light, portable and with great battery life.
I held out for awhile, but gave in and bought MacBook Air 13" Starlight on Amazon for $999...(8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)

Love it.

I have a perfect condition MacBook 2015 8GB Ram with 512GB SSD refurbished (paid $350 for it last year) and it looks and feels new still (replace the battery back in Jan.2023 before the price hike on battery replacements at Apple).

Love it too..

With Open Core Patcher with macOS Ventura, I can do everything I want as far as basic web browsing, Ms Office 2021 stuff, along with other general tasks STILL on MacBook 2015 (even with the butterfly keyboard).

After using my M2 MacBook Air starlight (and comparing with the MacBook), I do not believe Apple will make another 12" (at least for some time).

The 13" is close enough to the MacBook 12". But (of course) the MacBook is just a little smaller, thinner and lighter than M2 13" MacBook Air. The MacBook Air size and weight is light enough. It has "a lot" of power and can do everything that I need it to do, even rendering video and fast.

Even though I have a new M2 MacBook Air, I still use the smaller MacBook 12" 2015. I am typing this tread with it.

But..as Apple just recently discontinued M2 MacBook Pro 13" and has stated that the 14" is now the replacement for it, including stating again that they will NOT make a 27" iMac (for awhile at least), I think MacBook 12" might also be on the "no longer" thought at Apple too.

Who knows really..but following Apple's recent philosophy, it might be better to pick up an older MacBook if possible (like a 2017) and use that for traveling and light tasks if MacBook Air is not suitable for you.

I know that rumors have said something different, but again it is just rumors.

Attachments

• IMG_1179.png
    IMG_1179.png
    3 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:

YonTom

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2019
I held out for awhile, but gave in and bought MacBook Air 13" Starlight on Amazon for $999...(8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)

Love it.

I have a perfect condition MacBook 2015 8GB Ram with 512GB SSD refurbished (paid $350 for it last year) and it looks and feels new still (replace the battery back in Jan.2023 before the price hike on battery replacements at Apple).

Love it too..

With Open Core Patcher with macOS Ventura, I can do everything I want as far as basic web browsing, Ms Office 2021 stuff, along with other general tasks STILL on MacBook 2015 (even with the butterfly keyboard).

After using my M2 MacBook Air starlight (and comparing with the MacBook), I do not believe Apple will make another 12" (at least for some time).

The 13" is close enough to the MacBook 12". But (of course) the MacBook is just a little smaller, thinner and lighter than M2 13" MacBook Air. The MacBook Air size and weight is light enough. It has "a lot" of power and can do everything that I need it to do, even rendering video and fast.

Even though I have a new M2 MacBook Air, I still use the smaller MacBook 12" 2015. I am typing this tread with it.

But..as Apple just recently discontinued M2 MacBook Pro 13" and has stated that the 14" is now the replacement for it, including stating again that they will NOT make a 27" iMac (for awhile at least), I think MacBook 12" might also be on the "no longer" thought at Apple too.

Who knows really..but following Apple's recent philosophy, it might be better to pick up an older MacBook if possible (like a 2017) and use that for traveling and light tasks if MacBook Air is not suitable for you.

I know that rumors have said something different, but again it is just rumors
Can’t they just market it as MacBook Mini? 🤣

Reactions: loby

glhiii

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2006
I disagree -- the 13" Macbook Air (I have had both the M1 and M2) is not nearly as small and portable as the 12" Macbook (I have 2017 with 16gb, 512gb i7). The Macbook does everything I want and seems fast enough. I have an M1 Macbook Pro 16" for use at home. It is a joy to pick up the Macbook with two fingers, sit on the sofa and use it. I also use it for hours away from home. Of course I don't edit video on it, but for most things it works quite well for me.

Reactions: loby
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.