Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OnlyGerman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
Looking to purchase a 12 pro max, the used prices are selling at close to new, even with the 13 pro max released. Will we see a price drop once the 13 is officially released? I am looking to buy one out right so looking at a used, refurb, or clearance. Gazelle has a Pro Max 256gb for $805, not sure if that is still good with the 13 coming out.

Not interested in ATT trade in/credit/36payments, even it is means it comes out free

Rich022

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2009
I am also interested in knowing whether there will be a price drop for a 12 Pro max - will there be a price drop, or will they just discontinue it so as not to compete with the 13 Pro Max?

All I've seen reported are price drops for 11, 12 mini, and 12.

daddyd302

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2012
West Allis, WI
The market will drop soon after the 13 is actually released. Here in the U.S we also have swappa where can sell your old iphones to protentional new owner.

BuggyGT

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2019
On Apple.com they list the 12 Pro Max trade in value at $790 so that might be the floor price you will see on for sale at the used sites. Unless the iPhone is in really bad or damaged condition then it can go lower.

I used the Apple trade in value to gauge the price I am selling it to my friend.

Reactions: OnlyGerman

aok75

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2021
Looking to purchase a 12 pro max, the used prices are selling at close to new, even with the 13 pro max released. Will we see a price drop once the 13 is officially released? I am looking to buy one out right so looking at a used, refurb, or clearance. Gazelle has a Pro Max 256gb for $805, not sure if that is still good with the 13 coming out.

Not interested in ATT trade in/credit/36payments, even it is means it comes out free

The 13 is $1200. You won’t see prices drop on gazelle. However locally you can get it for less.

OnlyGerman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
I was able to get a new 12 pro max for 825. Thought this was pretty good as trade in is still upper 700s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.