Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2021
So i recently noticed that my 12 Pro Max is continously disconnecting wifi when cellular data is turned on. But doesnt disconnect if i put the phone into Airplane Mode then connecting it to the wifi. Is there a “smart switch” option im not aware about?

My 12 PM is currently on IOS 15.4.1.

Reactions: lyricalbliss6

cam30era

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2021
Mine has similar behavior. WiFi disconnects every time the screen locks. And reconnects as soon as I unlock the screen.

Reactions: lyricalbliss6

HalfFullmoon

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2021
So i recently noticed that my 12 Pro Max is continously disconnecting wifi when cellular data is turned on. But doesnt disconnect if i put the phone into Airplane Mode then connecting it to the wifi. Is there a “smart switch” option im not aware about?

My 12 PM is currently on IOS 15.4.1.
Maybe you have poor WiFi, or your iPhone thinks you do. I have 'Wi-Fi Assist' setting turned off:

Last edited:

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68030
Apr 8, 2014
Been having the same on a vanilla 12 Pro since iOS 15.0 despite being feet away from the router with a perfect Wi-Fi signal and no network problems on any other devices. Most commonly it switches to cellular for FaceTime. Having read the other posts here I think it’s a bug in Wi-Fi Assist. I will try disabling it ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.