Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Not sure, what is going on with my Mac Studio. But with the latest update, the BlueTooth connectivity to Apple devices has taken a hit:
- Don't even try to log in over BLE after a reboot. It does not see Magic Keyboard Touch, Magic Touchpad II, or Magic Mouse II. It's wired mode only.
- On the main screen, the mouse might or other items still do not connect without plugging in.
- Touch ID has become a steaming mess of unresponsiveness. Sometimes it works, but mostly it does not.

I have deleted devices and reconnected etc., but it simply does not work reliably.

This used to just work with earlier versions. The first connection after boot might have taken 20 seconds but was ok after that.

Is anybody else seeing this?

southerndoc

Contributor
May 15, 2006
USA
There has always been a slight delay when you boot up a Mac before it sees the Bluetooth keyboard/touchpad.

Have you tried forgetting the keyboard/mouse/trackpad and pairing it again?

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I know. I have had the Studio since it came out. I am not talking about a slight delay. A minute or two later there is still no response.
I have deleted and added so many times I have lost count.
I now tried deleting the preferences in /Library/Preferences to see what that will do. It did make touch work on an instance, we will monitor this.

GarryB

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2015
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Not sure, what is going on with my Mac Studio. But with the latest update, the BlueTooth connectivity to Apple devices has taken a hit:
- Don't even try to log in over BLE after a reboot. It does not see Magic Keyboard Touch, Magic Touchpad II, or Magic Mouse II. It's wired mode only.
- On the main screen, the mouse might or other items still do not connect without plugging in.
- Touch ID has become a steaming mess of unresponsiveness. Sometimes it works, but mostly it does not.

I have deleted devices and reconnected etc., but it simply does not work reliably.

This used to just work with earlier versions. The first connection after boot might have taken 20 seconds but was ok after that.

Is anybody else seeing this?
My Mac Studio also has a BT issue. The Studio does not auto connect to mouse and kb if they are turned on before the Studio. In BT settings the mouse and kb show as Nearby Devices. I have to use a wired mouse to a
click on the Connect button. After that, there are no problems except a very rare disconnect/connect behaviour.

Try a cold boot of the Studio with the mouse and kb off. After the boot turn on mouse and kb. If that doesn’t work try again but turn on mouse and kb just after the startup chime.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
If they don't connect, you can always use the Lighting/USB-C connectors to bring 'em back into the fold.

Not "just magic."

My 12-year-old Classic Mac Pro does better!

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I've had Feedbacks in on this for months. There's also the issue that you cannot use the Magic keyboard, pad, mouse, and AirPods simultaneously!

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
Very disappointed in my Mac Studio Ultra. I got the first one and it has been continual problems keeping bluetooth devices connected. Mouse, keyboard, and trackpad constantly disconnect and it has reached the point anytime I wake it I am stunned if they are still connected.

On 14.2.1 now and it's still the same problem and has progressively been worse. Have written Apple multiple times and called and tried things but nothing improves. Reached to point I'm considering getting a new machine other than a Studio.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Sonoma 14.2.1 has been doing better for me. The latest Magic Keyboard firmware fix has also diminished the intermittent loss of Touch ID. I am using Magic Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse, and AirPods.

GarryB

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2015
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Bluetooth on my Mac Studio Max hasn't been so bad but, every couple of months it loses contact with the keyboard and mouse sometimes in the middle of typing something. They reconnect after at most 30 minutes. Have seen no pattern to the disconnects. One thing though, I power down the Studio every night and switch off the Magic Mouse and Keyboard.

In case it's relevant, here are my Studio's BT specs:

Bluetooth Controller:
Address: [redacted]
State: On
Chipset: BCM_4387
Discoverable: Off
Firmware Version: 21.1.576.1296
Product ID: 0x4A07
Supported services: 0x392039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille LEA AACP GATT SerialPort >
Transport: PCIe
Vendor ID: 0x004C (Apple)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.