Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
So I’m on iPad Pro and previously when you did a long press on a link the “Open in Tab” was at the top. This now in 13.4 got replaced by “Open” at the top and “Open in background” below. I find that really annoying because why would you need “Open” at the very top when you can do it by just clicking on a link without a long press or on the preview thumbnail.

Also “Open in background” sounds strange for opening pages in tabs. Why couldn’t they just leave “Open in tab” at least?

MauriceMoss

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2010
I hate this with every fiber of my being. I’ve sent an email to Apple letting them know this. Why in the hell would open be moved up? It makes zero sense. How did this come to be? Who was the devious bastard behind this?!

TravelsInBlue

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2020
Reminds me of how annoying Haptic Touch is on the home screen. Under no circumstances when I long press an app do I want to do anything but move or delete it.

But now I have to long touch, get a menu pop-up, continue to long touch, and then awkwardly get to the jiggle animation that finally lets me rearrange my icons.

Reactions: MauriceMoss
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.