Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lucsha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2022
Hi,
So I’ve had a 13 inch MacBook Pro for 3 years now and towards the end of its life I’ve seen an increasing amount of problems with the battery and processor. In last the month I’ve had the battery replaced twice because of issues with it and the computer has just not been living up to my needs. I want to buy the 14 inch MacBook Pro but am just a little curious on trade in price. Right now I can turn in my old one for $655 and I just want to know with the intel chips how likely this is to change and if I should wait a little. Thank you!

Lucsha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2022
I would only expect the trade-in price to decrease as time passes.
I’m also just curious if now is a good time to trade in because of how quickly they might lower the value of the intel chip. Thanks for the help!

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
I’m also just curious if now is a good time to trade in because of how quickly they might lower the value of the intel chip. Thanks for the help!
If it gives you some perspective my M1 MBA base model (2020) is $550 right now from Apple so your value is holding well but as the years go buy and new products are released the value goes down. Some folks still value the Mac Intel chips but they do have many downsides.

Diablo360

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
The Intel versions are only going to keep declining in value. If it’s constantly giving you problems I’d make the switch sooner rather than later

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.