Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ern

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2011
yeah, i don't get it. who spends all day looking at the console? don't people use their macs for, uh, real things (& check the console if/when needed?)

I can't agree. When you try copy large files to macbook or do some high burden things, you get tons of error messages from mdworker, mds_store, spindump etc. Then you'll find CPU/RAM not useful. It's not just a message problem. It DOES cause problems.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I can't agree. When you try copy large files to macbook or do some high burden things, you get tons of error messages from mdworker, mds_store, spindump etc. Then you'll find CPU/RAM not useful. It's not just a message problem. It DOES cause problems.

really? have not witnessed any such thing (not the errors, but any cpu or ram issues). my macs both behave as they did before the error started...

EDIT: so we get on with our work, and apple will sort it out. seems more logical (to me) than going back an OS; as with the root password issue, it will get fixed...

mariogt

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2012
Santiago, Chile
This is a bug on CoreFundation Framework, and a serious one, a lot of services and apps relies on accurate time calculations, Apple has to fix this sooner than later.

Also my Mac log this error in TimeMachine backups, I hope none of these where corrupted or with bogus date stamps

Bart Kela

Suspended
Oct 12, 2016
Searching...
No one here knows.

There is another thread in this same forum section that discusses the same error.

For sure, it is not happening on every Mac. I have three (2010, 2013, 2017) and none of them are experiencing this error although all three have been upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.2.

A mystery to be sure.

ern

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2011
really? have not witnessed any such thing (not the errors, but any cpu or ram issues). my macs both behave as they did before the error started...

EDIT: so we get on with our work, and apple will sort it out. seems more logical (to me) than going back an OS; as with the root password issue, it will get fixed...

I encountered once when I load 30GB RAW files into Adobe Lightroom. The system crashed at last. So you find your mac behaves normal does not mean it's not a bug. And whether going back to previous edition is another question. As loading tons of files is not everyday job for me, I can just stick to the latest edition.

But macOS 10.13.2 disappointed me. This is a bug from the 1st day of Dec. and wasn't fixed yet. The quality of macOS now is not the same as before even not concerning the root user bug recently. So maybe Apple is just planning to fix it with time.

remaker

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2013
I had this issue. Apple escalation assures me this is fixed in macOS 10.13.3 and later, which was just released.

Unfortunately (?), the problem stopped for me in early January, I have no way to test. Anyone still seeing it should see if the update fixes it and let us know.

neliason

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2015
I had this issue. Apple escalation assures me this is fixed in macOS 10.13.3 and later, which was just released.

Unfortunately (?), the problem stopped for me in early January, I have no way to test. Anyone still seeing it should see if the update fixes it and let us know.

You could change your system date back to December 2017 and see if you get the error.

Marcopolo53

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2016
Toronto
Can confirm 10.13.2 (build 17C88) Dec 27, 2017 did have 13 month issue BUT as of about Jan 3 - 4, 2018 ceased having the issue. Jan 9, 2018 10.13.2 Supplemental (build 17C205) no 13 month issues and Jan 24, 2018 10.13.3 (build 17D47) again no 13 month issues

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.