Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 1, 2021
Hi, so, I may be coming to the sad conclusion, as the years go on my eyes aren't as good. But I still like to play the odd mobile game.
I have a 13 Pro and I played some COD mobile the other day and good grief I was struggling to see the small text lol. I posted on here a few times how I didn't want the Max size but needs must..

So... I am considering an upgrade to a Max. I won't buy new as it's too expensive for me, so I would be looking at the 13 Pro Max or the 14 Pro Max, but I was wondering about the cameras on them, I've found the 13 Pro to take excellent shots but close up photos with its macro and its ability to focus, but like my eyes lol, has been hit and miss?
But if I recall wasn't there an issue with the 14 Pro camera? It didn't perform very well? Has this been fixed now?

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 1, 2021
Oh and a side question, are the speakers louder in the 14 Pro Max then the 13 Pro Max?

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 1, 2021
I‘ve edited my title as I’ve been looking into this, I see the 15 Plus has amazing battery life and performs the same as the 14 Pro Max.
Does the camera in the 15 Plus match the 13 Pro Max? I am a point and shoot person, I don’t edit the photos etc. I saw that the 15 Plus also has better speakers too? Is that true? If I use RAW on the 13 Pro Max does it improve the point and shoot photos at all?
And again I’ve seen people say the 14 Pro Max doesn’t have the best battery life, but it still seems to last long enough.

mac38728

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2024
USA
I‘ve edited my title as I’ve been looking into this, I see the 15 Plus has amazing battery life and performs the same as the 14 Pro Max.
Does the camera in the 15 Plus match the 13 Pro Max? I am a point and shoot person, I don’t edit the photos etc. I saw that the 15 Plus also has better speakers too? Is that true? If I use RAW on the 13 Pro Max does it improve the point and shoot photos at all?
And again I’ve seen people say the 14 Pro Max doesn’t have the best battery life, but it still seems to last long enough.

I have the 15 plus, the photos straight out of the box are 100% better than the 13 pro and even 14 pro. The 24 mp mode gives wayyy more detail and the algorithms are better - especially SmartHDR 5. UNLESS if you activate proraw or heif max on the 14 Pro than it’ll beat the 15 but they take up significantly more storage. The 15 plus has the best battery in a iPhone and you’ll definitely notice a difference. You can’t go wrong with the 14 Pro or 15 - both are excellent phones. If your prioritize battery life and camera (and don’t mind losing a 3x telephoto) go 15 plus, if you want ProMotion and always on - go 14 pro max. You can also get the 15 plus refurbished on third party sites or could just wait until September and get it $100 off or the 16 plus for the same price as whatever you’d pay now.

The 14 pro camera buzzing issue was fixed and personally I’d just wait another year before upgrading, the 13 pro is still find and the 16’s would feel like bigger jump.

Also not sure about the speakers.

w4rmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
I just switched back to iOS from Android this week and I went with the 13 Pro Max for 2 reasons. One was price, I got a mint condition 512gb model for $600. The second reason is that it's the last version of the iPhone that supports physical SIM cards. I needed that because my employer pays for my mobile service and I like being able to just insert their SIM card into whatever phone I want to use. I was previously on iOS about 3 years ago and had the 11 Pro. I am finding the speed and quality of the 13 Pro Max to be great.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
iPhone 13 Pro minimum focus distance - 5.9"
iPhone 14 Pro and 15 Pro minimum focus distance - 7.8"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.