Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
13 Pro Max can get $640 trade-in value on Apple right now.

How much less will it be on 9/12 when iPhone 15 is revealed? Is it safe to assume that it will be at least $500 to $550 by then?

the 13PM is not really used much because I have the 14PM. Should I just submit it to Apple now and get a $640 Apple Gift Card?(for use towards the 15PM or other Apple stuff at a later date)

Nbd1790

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2017
New York
It's a bit of a gamble and there's really no telling. Last year, Apple was offering a bit of additional trade in value while carriers were offering significant boosts to trade in iPhones from the past 2/3 years (this only lasted for the first month or two from release day).

I had an iPhone 13 mini and received roughly $800 to trade it in with T-Mobile (a $400 boost over their original estimate) which is the only reason why I made a jump to the pro model.

I would imagine you plan on getting a 15, so if it were me I'd take your current value in a gift card and if there's any promo to trade in, trade in the 14. It sounds like you won't be paying anything out of pocket for the 15 in that scenario and will have plenty of money left over for AppleCare accessories etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.