Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alyssap22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
Has anyone gone from the pro to the regular 13 model? Did you see major negative differences? I know there is a lesser camera but how much does that translate to real life? Mostly just taking cat photos haha. Would like to hear everyone’s experiences if any.

tenordrum

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2019
DC Beltway
I just went the other direction this week within the return period, from the 13 to the 13 pro. I would have been satisfied with the regular 13, but the Pro was so close in overall price, and will have a better trade in value that it made sense to get the Pro.
And to the original poster, I don't own a cat ;-)

I am looking forward to learning how to use the phone's capablities. I already took one class (or what they call Session) at the Woodbridge VA Apple store. While I own a nice mirrorless Canon R6, but I don't carry that at all times like I do the phone.

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
All things considered, for a difference of what, $100.00?, why not go for the Pro?
Could value the weight savings. The new 14 Pros are going to be even heavier unless Apple finally introduces some Titanium so I wouldn’t be surprised if the new 14 non-pro Max steals a lot of sales as well due to weight.
Funny how Apple treats steel as premium in their mobile devices yet the rest of their lineup and world value aluminum over steel because of weight savings. While steel has its place in industrial professions, it shouldn’t have a place in the mobile tech field.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I guess at this point, we shouldn’t be seeing any differences yet, but it’s still unknown if that extra 2gb of ram will be of any significance a couple of years down the road.

Mark Stone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2022
In its case.
Has anyone gone from the pro to the regular 13 model? Did you see major negative differences? I know there is a lesser camera but how much does that translate to real life? Mostly just taking cat photos haha. Would like to hear everyone’s experiences if any.
I haven’t gone from the 13 Pro to the 13, but can attest that the quality of photos (especially for normal users like you and I) is very good on the 13. I do a lot of photography for architectural studies I participate in, in addition to personal photography, and find the 13’s camera very good. I don’t think you would be disappointed at all. Here’s a good review of the 13’s camera from GSMArena: https://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_13-review-2325p5.php - it’s honest and unafraid to detail its shortcomings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.