Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AiPone12mini

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2022
Tartu, Estonia, EU
Hello and i am truly sorry if i post wrong place but all internet is filled with general reviews, but is there somewhere some special review that compares wifi and 4G etc signal distance range and and antenna sensitivity and so on? i personally have interest 13 pro vs 14 pro and 14 too. If someone knows then please post here as i do not find any signal review.

Best regards.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
If I’m not mistaken the 14s including non-Pro have the more powerful Qualcomm X65 modem. If signal is a major issue for you, you need to get the latest.
Personally I came from an 11 Pro Max which has the awful Intel modems, so anything from there is an upgrade, Lol!
The 13s use the X60 modem.

I think MaxTech do cover signal and speed in their reviews and comparisons.

Also see here:

Reactions: AiPone12mini

AiPone12mini

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2022
Tartu, Estonia, EU
I am still thinking if i get 13 Pro or 14(reparability is top notch, lighter) or 14 Pro and Wifi signal range and quality is very important to me. I currently own 12 Mini.

I would be very interested if someone finds 4G, 5G signal range testing(lower frequencies) in forest and Wifi tests by walking away from router until signal drops.

Last edited:

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
13PM the only issue I had was even on 5G Auto, it would not switch to LTE when 5G was poor. But not as bad as 12PM when I had to periodically toggle Airplane to fix the data connection. Didn't get 14 so don't know about that one

Ac1d 8urn

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2020
Wisconsin
My new 14+ has noticeably better reception than my previous phones(13 pro, mini, SE3). My area has kind of crappy signal but I don't seem to be getting the signal drops and data lockups anymore.

Reactions: AiPone12mini
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.