Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parfy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
Cardiff
I was recording some video today and have come across something I wasn’t expecting. When recording 4k60 you’re locked to the lens you start recording with. Any zooming is digital and you can’t drop to a wider lens. Ended up recording some in 1x, then switching to 3x whilst recording - which looks bloody terrible with it being digital zoom.

Has anyone else got this? Assume it isn’t my phone being odd?

hyelton

macrumors member
May 23, 2015
I was recording some video today and have come across something I wasn’t expecting. When recording 4k60 you’re locked to the lens you start recording with. Any zooming is digital and you can’t drop to a wider lens. Ended up recording some in 1x, then switching to 3x whilst recording - which looks bloody terrible with it being digital zoom.

Has anyone else got this? Assume it isn’t my phone being odd?

It’s always been like this. Gotta drop down to 1080p to be able to. iPhone is not the only phones that are like this.

parfy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
Cardiff
It’s always been like this. Gotta drop down to 1080p to be able to. iPhone is not the only phones that are like this.
4k30 seems ok actually. Never knew this, I wonder what the limitation is with the processing strength of the new phones I’d have thought they’d be capable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.