Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeffzie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2023
Hey guys, i've been pretty paranoid about my macbook pro.

So lately its been heating up on the bottom and top of mac.

I do have two accounts open that have a a great amount of tabs open, yet given that this is a M1 Macbook pro, i thought that it should be fine?

I've attached a screenshot of the temperature right after i turned the fan on.

I manually did it myself and I've never heard the fan turn on since i've got the mac.

Before i turned on the fan, the highest temp was at 56.

Are these stats normal? Mind you, these are the stats literally 30 seconds after turning on the fan for just a few seconds.

Really hoping it's nothing major.

What do you guys think?

Thank you
-Jeff

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 8.56.51 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 8.56.51 AM.png
    324.3 KB · Views: 138

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Getting warm isn't equal to overheating and neither are fans coming on. It's all normal operations. Actual overheating will show itself as getting sluggish, then shutting itself down to prevent damage.

If you're using Chrome, the fans will kick on because Chrome is...not great. Also 56C is nothing for a processor.

Reactions: chabig and jeffzie

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Your CPU’s thermal limit is just over 100C in case you didn’t know. Obviously you don’t want to run it that hot all the time, but it can get that hot under full load.

Reactions: jeffzie

jeffzie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2023
Your CPU’s thermal limit is just over 100C in case you didn’t know. Obviously you don’t want to run it that hot all the time, but it can get that hot under full load.
Had no idea. That's a big stress lifted off, thank you for letting me know!

jeffzie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2023
Getting warm isn't equal to overheating and neither are fans coming on. It's all normal operations. Actual overheating will show itself as getting sluggish, then shutting itself down to prevent damage.

If you're using Chrome, the fans will kick on because Chrome is...not great. Also 56C is nothing for a processor.
Yeah I just felt it being pretty warm so i just assumed it was overheating. But you guys saying that 56c is nothing is a huge weight lifted off. I was stressing lol. Thanks for letting me know!

Reactions: chabig
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.