Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jay968

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2019
California
Had my iphone 12 working perfectly under 14.2.1
I was getting all message and email notifications. Everything worked like a charm. All I had to do was make sure both my Mac computers were not running the Messages App.

I just downloaded and installed 14.3
Now I am only getting notifications every once in awhile in either messages OR email.

I can't take this anymore. Does anyone at Apple have a clue what they are doing anymore???

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Obviously the fix wasn't ready for 14.3. Be patient- it'll eventually get fixed.

The key to happy(ish) iPhone life is never buy the current phone because it's running on buggy first gen beta software (as you've experienced) and only install a new version of iOS in August.

Example: Before the iPhone 13 is revealed next year, buy an iPhone 12 in August and updated it to the last final version of iOS 14.
No more software headaches or endless updates.
Want to install iOS 15 on the iPhone 12? Wait until August.

Follow that advice and be happy(ish). Ignore it and feel the pain

jay968

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2019
California
Obviously the fix wasn't ready for 14.3. Be patient- it'll eventually get fixed.

The key to happy(ish) iPhone life is never buy the current phone because it's running on buggy first gen beta software (as you've experienced) and only install a new version of iOS in August.

Example: Before the iPhone 13 is revealed next year, buy an iPhone 12 in August and updated it to the last final version of iOS 14.
No more software headaches or endless updates.
Want to install iOS 15 on the iPhone 12? Wait until August.

Follow that advice and be happy(ish). Ignore it and feel the pain
Well I appreciate what you're saying but what bugs me is that everything was working perfectly for me in 14.3.1 and now with this upgrade it's not. It's like whatever they accomplished in some areas with 14.3 came along with backward steps in others.

jay968

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2019
California
Didn't fix it for me either on iPhone 12 mini.
Really frustrating to me! It was working perfectly before I downloaded this update!

I've also noticed that some other apps that I have used are not working correctly. Guess that's their problem to solve though, but 14.3 seems to have really made a mess of some things.

Last edited:

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Moderation Note

Please continue the discussion in the main article:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.