Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TinyMito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2021
Ever since I received the update 14.4.1, my USB DAC, Bluetooth, even the MacBook Pro 14 Speaker itself glitch out randomly (cut in and out).
Saying “Hey Siri” and asked something, when the Siri finish the sentence; the audio crackles a bit.

• Audio crackle
  • Audio pop
  • Audio static

Anyone else has this issue? Built-in speaker, USB DAC or Bluetooth - doesn't matter. Seems like something is going on with Audio Core driver?

Reactions: JungleNYC

Solenoid289

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2020
Japan
Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.
After 14.4.1, audio coming from my Mac (Mac Studio) randomly cut in and out.
Monitor's speaker, AirPods, headphone jack, even HomePod (AirPlay), everything.
I'm looking for a solution but to no avail.

skardvin

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2015
This is an old temporary solution from a while back. Might be worth a try:
  1. Open up QuickTime player.
  2. Open up a new audio recording — DO NOT click record or anything THAT IS IT don't do anything else. Just minimize the QuickTime player window.
Let me know if that works or not.

Solenoid289

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2020
Japan
This is an old temporary solution from a while back. Might be worth a try:
  1. Open up QuickTime player.
  2. Open up a new audio recording — DO NOT click record or anything THAT IS IT don't do anything else. Just minimize the QuickTime player window.
Let me know if that works or not.
Wow, it worked!
I've just watched YouTube videos for an hour without a problem while minimizing the QuickTime player record window.
I have no idea why this works but thank you.

• Love
Reactions: gank41 and skardvin

Dougef

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2011
Northeastern US
Losing my mind here. Have Mac mini with Studio display. Playing music it keeps cutting out for a couple seconds over and over. I have tried all the solutions that have been posted and none have worked. Only started with the latest OS update. Any other ideas?

Mike57000

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2023
1. Have you installed a Rogue Amoeba app ? If yes, uninstall ACE with the help of this page :

2. Check Audio Midi setting configuration : try 44100 output.

3. Download and try EtreCheck to see other system modifications.

skardvin

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2015
Losing my mind here. Have Mac mini with Studio display. Playing music it keeps cutting out for a couple seconds over and over. I have tried all the solutions that have been posted and none have worked. Only started with the latest OS update. Any other ideas?
Does this issue still occur if you have—are using headphones (either wired or wirelessly)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.