Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baking soda

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2020
Italy
I'm sitting on 14.3 waiting for a jailbreak, there's not much that I need anymore, iOS does most of the stuff I need perfectly, but I could really use taptic feedback for the keyboard, plus I need to be able to customize the haptic for the apple watch notifications, the stock ones are so strong that it gets uncomfortable, especially when my friends start spamming me lol.
Other than that, cercube (sideloading sucks), call recording (legal in my country and i find it really useful to avoid forgetting important stuff, work related for example) and then a few other tweaks.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
I'm sitting on 14.3 waiting for a jailbreak, there's not much that I need anymore, iOS does most of the stuff I need perfectly, but I could really use taptic feedback for the keyboard, plus I need to be able to customize the haptic for the apple watch notifications, the stock ones are so strong that it gets uncomfortable, especially when my friends start spamming me lol.
Other than that, cercube (sideloading sucks), call recording (legal in my country and i find it really useful to avoid forgetting important stuff, work related for example) and then a few other tweaks.

Yes sideloading sucks but at least it is possible without a jailbreak!

Reactions: baking soda

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
SwiftKey now has haptic feedback for their keyboard, and it's actually tuned well enough that it doesn't just feel like one long vibration as you type.

I turned off Messages notifications on my watch for this very reason. I've actually taken my watch off a few times out of frustration when the message spamming happens. So obnoxious.

baking soda

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2020
Italy
SwiftKey now has haptic feedback for their keyboard, and it's actually tuned well enough that it doesn't just feel like one long vibration as you type.

I turned off Messages notifications on my watch for this very reason. I've actually taken my watch off a few times out of frustration when the message spamming happens. So obnoxious.

Yeah but personally I can't use any 3rd party keyboards, I like the stock one 1000 times, it just needs taptic feedback and I have no idea why Apple hasn't implemented that yet. Just give us the option to disable it in settings if you think some people might not like it or if it could drain more battery, ffs.

As per the notifications, I like being able to feel when I get a message, I couldn't probably keep the vibration off. So the tweak WatchSounds was a life saver for me because it allows to set a faint notification haptic which is really soft and doesn't annoy at all, while still making you know that you get notifications. if that makes sense.

Yes sideloading sucks but at least it is possible without a jailbreak!

Oh yeah, sure, that's something, but I can't find a recent YT ipa that includes Cercube for example, they're all outdated, with no 4K support, hence why I'd rather get a jailbreak and keep the latest app version while still enjoying the tweak.

Reactions: max2

Pangu103

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2017
14.4 won't be getting a jailbreak anytime soon imho. Modernpwner does have an exploit for iOS 14.4 though and it could be released sometime in the future.

Reactions: max2

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
14.4 won't be getting a jailbreak anytime soon imho. Modernpwner does have an exploit for iOS 14.4 though and it could be released sometime in the future.

What about 14.5 ?

I know I know it is not out yet the official version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.