Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Hey guys. Im still comparing my ipad screen to my other monitors and screens in the house and it seems like its more yellowish than others, for instance grays seem to be much less grey than they normally are. Also this forum colours are odd. On my other screens there light blue and maybe slightly grey in areas but on the ipad the colour seem bretty dull and yellowish.

If I took my ipad into the store and asked them if it could be replaced due to this can I only do this within the 14 day period? (I bought the ipad on launch day but now its been put away for my birthday present which is the 17th of june) If I recieve it on my birthday il be out of the 14 day period... does this mean I would not be able to ask for a replacement?

MaskedCarrot

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Northern VA
Hey guys. Im still comparing my ipad screen to my other monitors and screens in the house and it seems like its more yellowish than others, for instance grays seem to be much less grey than they normally are. Also this forum colours are odd. On my other screens there light blue and maybe slightly grey in areas but on the ipad the colour seem bretty dull and yellowish.

If I took my ipad into the store and asked them if it could be replaced due to this can I only do this within the 14 day period? (I bought the ipad on launch day but now its been put away for my birthday present which is the 17th of june) If I recieve it on my birthday il be out of the 14 day period... does this mean I would not be able to ask for a replacement?

The device comes with a 1 year warranty on defects. So make an appointment at an Apple store and take it in. I don't see why they would give you any grief about it.

Also I reccomend getting the Applecare for it, which will extend your warranty from 1 to 2 years.

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
In my experience Apple will give you a new one within the 14 day period if they have one, and a brown box one after 14 days - these are not refurbs but just as new as the boxed ones, but without accessories.

Even if they don't agree there is a fault, you can get your money back within the 14 days. After 14 days and they agree, it's brown box time.

I have a brown box replacement within the 14 days simply cos they had no new ones in stock. And it's new. I had dead pixel issues.

I'm in the UK.

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Iv showed my dad the screen and he just thinks it's because all screens are different and thinks it's normal maybe I'm just used to the colours on my MacBook pro screen too much which in my opinion look perfect

Maybe I'm just being paranoid

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Iv showed my dad the screen and he just thinks it's because all screens are different and thinks it's normal maybe I'm just used to the colours on my MacBook pro screen too much which in my opinion look perfect

Maybe I'm just being paranoid

Screens are different, but should share the same specs. A noticeably yellow screen is not "normal" in my opinion. Whites should be white. The iPad is too expensive to just blow it off if you are not 100% happy. I'd take it back either way and see if you can get one w/ a better screen. I would not wait until the 17th.

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
yeah i think il pop into the apple store and have a look at the display ipads and compare them with mine and see if there different or not.

I just can really tell colour differences from my macbook screen. i just tried the twitter mobile website on the ipad and the banner is almost greeny looking.... yet on my macbook pro its the normal blue colour it should be.

All colours to not match with the ones on the macbook pro screen at all they either seem duller or a little more yellowish

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.