Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Love-hate šŸ relationship

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
i know guys ,neither are out yet but still ,i just cant get my head over it

I'm mainly asking it from a price,size and ergonomics tbh, but couldn't talk about current lineup as mbp16 is Intel which people seem to trash on ,while MBP has apple silicon chip already.

Hence my asking :

Which should I go for (and which are you planning to get ) :

From a - display size perspective,since 14 is better than 13.3 + the fact thinner bezels will make it look bigger most likely...but still it's not 16 is it ? Rn i am using a 13.3 ,and idk,sometimes it feels good,sometimes it just feels so small and narrow...wondering how big of change 14 will be

talking about display ,im wondering if the 16 will have more mini-led /more leds,as the surface is basically bigger ?
  • ergonomics,13.3 seems easier to use because of the smaller - yet big enough- trackpad , reaching the kb and moving the cursor requires a bit more gymnastics,at least for me
  • however with thinner bezels on the 16" as well ,perhaps will it get smaller as well,hence being more portable than current 16?
-price,is it worth paying more for mainly the display

-other features ,most likely super good speakers tho idgaf about these as i use headphones

-battery,is it possible battery on the 13/14 will be better than that of 16,since it has a bigger display ,higher res,but its battery isnt necessarily on par (because of limit for plane and whatnot )

• cooling ,both passive and active ,even tho I assume they'll both have double-fan setup,i believe current 13.3 Intel has smaller fans than 16mbp right ?
-portability etc

Reactions: Vazor

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
i know guys ,neither are out yet but still ,i just cant get my head over it

I'm mainly asking it from a price,size and ergonomics tbh, but couldn't talk about current lineup as mbp16 is Intel which people seem to trash on ,while MBP has apple silicon chip already.

Hence my asking :

Which should I go for (and which are you planning to get ) :

From a - display size perspective,since 14 is better than 13.3 + the fact thinner bezels will make it look bigger most likely...but still it's not 16 is it ? Rn i am using a 13.3 ,and idk,sometimes it feels good,sometimes it just feels so small and narrow...wondering how big of change 14 will be

talking about display ,im wondering if the 16 will have more mini-led /more leds,as the surface is basically bigger ?
  • ergonomics,13.3 seems easier to use because of the smaller - yet big enough- trackpad , reaching the kb and moving the cursor requires a bit more gymnastics,at least for me
  • however with thinner bezels on the 16" as well ,perhaps will it get smaller as well,hence being more portable than current 16?
-price,is it worth paying more for mainly the display

-other features ,most likely super good speakers tho idgaf about these as i use headphones

-battery,is it possible battery on the 13/14 will be better than that of 16,since it has a bigger display ,higher res,but its battery isnt necessarily on par (because of limit for plane and whatnot )

• cooling ,both passive and active ,even tho I assume they'll both have double-fan setup,i believe current 13.3 Intel has smaller fans than 16mbp right ?
-portability etc
you should make your purchasing decision on facts, not on rumors/speculation - so wait what Apple announces and then decide

Madhatter32

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2020
The answer depends on how you plan to use your laptop. If portability is paramount, the 14" makes sense. If it is more of a desktop replacement (with some portability on offer), the 16" makes sense. For me, screen real estate trumps issues relating to portability, so I would choose the 16".

Love-hate šŸ relationship

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
The answer depends on how you plan to use your laptop. If portability is paramount, the 14" makes sense. If it is more of a desktop replacement (with some portability on offer), the 16" makes sense. For me, screen real estate trumps issues relating to portability, so I would choose the 16".
i just tried scaling my 13.3 mba to 1680*1050 and while it actually gives me good screen real estate ,im wondering if im not destroying my eyes ,i already have a myopia of 7 dioptries after all...

yes ,i'll take it around for a bit,but honestly with a backpack i do not think the size/weight will actually bother me

the thing is,i already have a big screen at home that i currently use with my mac.a 27" 4k monitor .however given how good the upcoming mac's display is gonna be ,i believe ill see myself using it as main screen more than the monitor itself lol

point is ,i suspect the difference between the 14 and 16 to still be high,around 400$/euros at the least.i dont care about the better speakers and whatnot,is this rly worth spending that much money for a bigger size,instead of saving it,or heck,buying 32gb of ram on the 14 with this very money !

how much bigger is 14 as compared to 13.3 ,thats what im wondering

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.