Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Piipperi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2020
Computur
I like to take images that look like what I see – and so far my only way of reliably doing that is by just not using my iPhone 14 Pro, but using my iPad Pro instead. But this is really not a great solution, and I hate to own a $1000+ device with a camera this bad.

I've tried using Rich Contrast, but without changing the Warmth settings, oranges very quickly turn brownish. And even if I mess with the Warmth, mainly yellows look too bright unless I go to -50 on Tone, which then just kinda deep-fries the whole image (but that too is very inconsistent, sometimes the image still can look washed out)

This issue happens on all 4 cameras and the photo looks fine before it gets processed as well...

How do I fix this? Or can I even fix this?

Mac_i_Am

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2004
austin, tx
By 'like what i see' do you mean how it looks to a naked eye or how you want it to look?

If the latter, then i think youre talking about creating templates or presets that make your pix look like how u want? You can copy & paste from pix already in your albums. Still very difficult cos its all scene & lighting dependent.

I used lightroom professionally on a desktop for over 10 yrs and it still wasnt easy. Photos app for editing is not even 5% there.
Considering how extremely popular iphones are for taking pix -- by layperson & pros alike -- the Photos app is a dud.

Piipperi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2020
Computur
By 'like what i see' do you mean how it looks to a naked eye or how you want it to look?

If the latter, then i think youre talking about creating templates or presets that make your pix look like how u want? You can copy & paste from pix already in your albums. Still very difficult cos its all scene & lighting dependent.

I used lightroom professionally on a desktop for over 10 yrs and it still wasnt easy. Photos app for editing is not even 5% there.
Considering how extremely popular iphones are for taking pix -- by layperson & pros alike -- the Photos app is a dud.
I don't want to do any post editing for my pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.