Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brandy-Boi

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2020
So I've been noticing some really weird glitches on my Moms 14 Pro that have been ongoing for awhile now, some of these were present on her 12 before she upgraded and happens on her username on the iMac too.

The weirdest one happens when she logs onto her username on the iMac, its the 2020 27 inch model. She doesn't back up her phone to to Apple Music/iTunes account as often as I do but I've noticed when I do help her with it or when she's online and her 14 Pro is upstairs and happens to be plugged into the wall charging the "Do You Trust This Device" prompt pops up on her screen, this happens ever time when she gets on her name, and plugs her phone into an outlet upstairs to charge. Sometimes I've noticed iTunes/Music will say its syncing to the phone when its not even plugged in and won't let me cancel it or log out and it goes on for so long to the point where I need to reset the computer or force quit if that works.

I have no idea why its only on her username and iPhone, she had these same issues on her iPhone 12 too. Something else unrelated is that her 14 Pro doesn't even save passwords, I've been trying to figure out why and how to fix it. In addition it has delay when you go to shut the screen off, I've gone into the settings and changed them so the screen should shut off immediately when hitting the power button but that doesn't fix anything.

Any ideas for troubleshooting any of these issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.