Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

more fps

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
Ottawa
For some weird reason whenever I use my magesafe charger or wireless charger. My phone would reboot and checking under analytics data, it shows up as panic. I think it’s related to kernel.It says ERROR_STATUS 0x80080002, not sure if worth dumping the whole file on here. So anyone else having this problem? Never had a issue with my 13 pro max.

Reactions: ZS88

mppn

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hey! Glad I found this. I have the exact same issue. it is also happening when charging via lightning. 14 Pro Max too.

I'm on 16.1 beta. Was happening with Beta 1 and since today, it happens with Beta 2 too

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Can someone advise me on how to read panic attacks ? When I launch a particular app it restarts the iPhone 14PM. Within analytics I see a few panic- full logs. Cheers

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
I took mine off the wireless charger Monday am and it had rebooted. It asked me to enter the password after restart. 14 pro max.

mppn

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Montreal, QC, Canada
If you open the panic log, there’s a line up top that’s says panicString:

Mine says (with other details stripped): SID 0 CTE invalid exception on read of DVA 0 (CTE 0 SEG 0 PTE 0)

When it happens. This night was my first night it did not happen while on MagSafe charger. It’s also the first night with 16.1 beta 2. I’m pretty sure it’s a software bug and not anything hardware.

Reactions: ZS88 and Fred Zed

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
If you open the panic log, there’s a line up top that’s says panicString:

Mine says (with other details stripped): SID 0 CTE invalid exception on read of DVA 0 (CTE 0 SEG 0 PTE 0)

When it happens. This night was my first night it did not happen while on MagSafe charger. It’s also the first night with 16.1 beta 2. I’m pretty sure it’s a software bug and not anything hardware.
Two different iPhone 14PM within the same household are restarting when using the Eufy app. None are on iOS beta.

My panic string is:

panicString" : "panic(cpu 1 caller 0xfffffff01d03eeb8): \"dart-avd (0xffffffe603925000): DART(DART) error: SID 0 CTE invalid exception on read of DVA 0 (CTE 0 SEG 0 PTE 0) ERROR_STATUS 0x80080002 TIME 0xec931614e6 TTE 0xffffffffffffffff AXI_ID 0x300\"

ZS88

macrumors member
May 13, 2020
USA
My 14 Pro has randomly been restarting during wireless and wired charging. Happened on 16.0.1 and 16.1 DB2. I woke up this morning and had to enter my PIN after it was wirelessly charging overnight. I can’t figure out if it’s a software or hardware issue.

ZS88

macrumors member
May 13, 2020
USA
Happened again last night on the charger 16.0.1
For me it seems to happen while my phone is idle. I haven't noticed any reboots while I'm actively in an app/doing something on my phone. Have you noticed the same thing?

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
For me it seems to happen while my phone is idle. I haven't noticed any reboots while I'm actively in an app/doing something on my phone. Have you noticed the same thing?
Yes only when sitting on the charger twice since Friday. It says password required after reboot. That’s how I know.

HyperliteG4

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Southern California
I woke up this morning and my phone won't turn on, curious if it's the same issue. iPhone 14 Pro, 16.0.1. I put it on my old wireless charger (non-magsafe) when I went to bed and woke up to a black screen. Holding the wake/sleep and volume buttons won't work to force restart. Plugging into a lightning cable charger won't work either.

My phone doesn't seem to want to turn on at all.

EDIT: I didn't know they changed the force restart process. Tried the new process (volume up, down, hold wake/sleep button) and it turned on.

Last edited:

ZS88

macrumors member
May 13, 2020
USA
Yes only when sitting on the charger twice since Friday. It says password required after reboot. That’s how I know.
Same here, at first I thought it was only happening during wireless charging but it happened during wired charging yesterday too. On Monday it happened to me around 3-4 times.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Since for most of us this happens during charging prob at night many will not pay attention that they are putting their password in due to a restart. So many prob are not even noticing this issue. I hope it can be fixed with software.

ZS88

macrumors member
May 13, 2020
USA
Just plugged mine into the lightning cable at work and it just rebooted after 30 mins of just sitting there charging.
Well I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one, hoping this is strictly a software bug and nothing is actually wrong with our phones. I'm curious to know how widespread of an issue this is? It doesn't seem as widespread as the camera issue but like you said people may not be aware its happening especially if they charge overnight or just aren't paying close attention.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
I’ve never seen the apple logo when this happens. When it happened today plugged in at work I was watching it the entire time and it happened after 5 min no logo but it did reboot.

OinkSheeb

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
My 14 pro did this within 24 hours of having the phone. It completed full iTunes restore via iMac, and everything was all setup.

Used it a couple of hours at night, and went to bed charging it on MagSafe. Woke up to 100%, and about an hour later, decided to connect to charging cable. I immediately noticed it rebooted since it asked for passcode rather than Face ID. Hoped it was one time thing… nope. It did it over and over again. It stayed on no problem unplugged, or on MagSafe. As soon as I plug in a charging cable, it rebooted every 1-2 mins.

Did factory reset, and the same issue. Tried DFU restore, but it wouldn’t stay on long enough to complete it, and kept on rebooting. Blasted the port with compressed air, and the same issue. Oddly enough, using a little bit of alcohol to “clean” the brand new charging port, and after that, it never rebooted. But I had already asked Apple to send me a replacement anyways by the time it somehow fixed itself, plus the battery life on it SUCKED. I know brand new batteries need a few days to settle in, but it went down by 50% in half a day without using much at all. Also it kept losing wifi connection occasionally.

I’m currently using the replacement one, and it’s been working flawlessly. No excessive battery drainage, no wifi issues, no reboot. I think it was simply a lemon. It’s frustrating and not ok to have any issues with especially over 1k worth brand new device at all, but glad to see some of you are having similar issues so I know I wasn’t crazy haha.

mppn

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Montreal, QC, Canada
My 14 pro did this within 24 hours of having the phone. It completed full iTunes restore via iMac, and everything was all setup.

Used it a couple of hours at night, and went to bed charging it on MagSafe. Woke up to 100%, and about an hour later, decided to connect to charging cable. I immediately noticed it rebooted since it asked for passcode rather than Face ID. Hoped it was one time thing… nope. It did it over and over again. It stayed on no problem unplugged, or on MagSafe. As soon as I plug in a charging cable, it rebooted every 1-2 mins.

Did factory reset, and the same issue. Tried DFU restore, but it wouldn’t stay on long enough to complete it, and kept on rebooting. Blasted the port with compressed air, and the same issue. Oddly enough, using a little bit of alcohol to “clean” the brand new charging port, and after that, it never rebooted. But I had already asked Apple to send me a replacement anyways by the time it somehow fixed itself, plus the battery life on it SUCKED. I know brand new batteries need a few days to settle in, but it went down by 50% in half a day without using much at all. Also it kept losing wifi connection occasionally.

I’m currently using the replacement one, and it’s been working flawlessly. No excessive battery drainage, no wifi issues, no reboot. I think it was simply a lemon. It’s frustrating and not ok to have any issues with especially over 1k worth brand new device at all, but glad to see some of you are having similar issues so I know I wasn’t crazy haha.
I’m pretty sure all of this *could* be related to software. Not saying yours is the case, but it can be. Since I’ve updated to 16.1 beta 2, all of my hiccups, including random reboots with a kernel panic, stopped. Battery has been a lot better too.

Reactions: scapegoat81

ZS88

macrumors member
May 13, 2020
USA
I’m pretty sure all of this *could* be related to software. Not saying yours is the case, but it can be. Since I’ve updated to 16.1 beta 2, all of my hiccups, including random reboots with a kernel panic, stopped. Battery has been a lot better too.
I'm still getting the reboots with 16.1 beta 2

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008

Interesting as most that have this issue have it on the mag charger too.

ZS88

macrumors member
May 13, 2020
USA
I chatted with Apple Support this morning and told them the issue I am having. They ran diagnostics and said there was no issue with the software or hardware. I am going to continue monitoring and hoping this gets fixed in a future update. I'm not sure how they can say everything is fine since I have full panic logs. I tried to run iDevice Panic Log Analyzer on my computer but it won't find the panic logs for some reason. My guess is that the software hasn't been updated for the new iPhones and/or iOS 16.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Sometimes those Apple reps that read canned responses sometimes don't know what they are doing. There is clearly a software or hardware problem here. I just find it odd it never does it when not charging. I'm going to wait until the update comes out early next week and if its not fixed ill call and demand a replacement. I've been checking the stores in my area and nothing in stock. Do they still have a website that can notify you when your model is in stock? I may just buy a new one and return this one rather deal with Apple reps.

ZS88

macrumors member
May 13, 2020
USA
Sometimes those Apple reps that read canned responses sometimes don't know what they are doing. There is clearly a software or hardware problem here. I just find it odd it never does it when not charging. I'm going to wait until the update comes out early next week and if its not fixed ill call and demand a replacement. I've been checking the stores in my area and nothing in stock. Do they still have a website that can notify you when your model is in stock? I may just buy a new one and return this one rather deal with Apple reps.
I thought about returning this one and ordering a new one but I already traded my last phone in. I'm hoping they fix this with a software update and this entire issue goes away. I just turned off optimized battery charging to see if it helps at all since this issue only happens during charging. Maybe that's part of the problem? You can check stock with this website:

Reactions: scapegoat81
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.