Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kier-XF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Took my 14 Pro off the charger this morning and found it had rebooted overnight.

Unlocked the phone and a few seconds later it crashed back to the Apple logo… and so it has continued ever since. The phone stays up if I don’t unlock it, but as soon as I unlock it will crash back to he Apple Logo within 20 seconds.

Haven’t been able to complete ‘Erase content and settings’ because the phone crashes before it can complete.

Anyone else had any thing like this? It was working fine yesterday and the day before.

HPad

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2019
Took my 14 Pro off the charger this morning and found it had rebooted overnight.

Unlocked the phone and a few seconds later it crashed back to the Apple logo… and so it has continued ever since. The phone stays up if I don’t unlock it, but as soon as I unlock it will crash back to he Apple Logo within 20 seconds.

Haven’t been able to complete ‘Erase content and settings’ because the phone crashes before it can complete.

Anyone else had any thing like this? It was working fine yesterday and the day before.
Plug it into a computer and restore it via itunes.

Kier-XF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Did a full restore and it worked for two days.

Now it's gone back to rebooting within a few seconds of unlocking again.

Not very impressed.

Kier-XF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
I took it in on Sunday (Sept 18th) and they were prepared to simply exchange it for a new unit - but nowhere has any stock so that's not currently possible.

Kier-XF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Apple replaced my 14 Pro with a new one on Wednesday (Sept 21st) and it was fine until this morning - now I'm back in the reboot loop, running 16.0.2. I'm about ready to hand the 14 Pro back and give up.

Kier-XF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Apple proposed the problem might be with my iCloud backup. I did a full reset, set up as new and signed in to iCloud to sync my messages, photos etc. 48 hours later, reboot loop. Losing the plot here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.