Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fakestrawberryflavor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2021
So every reboot my 14 Pro is stuck on LTE. I need to go into settings, turn off “Turn on this line” and back on again for 5G to show up. It sticks after this no issues but will not show up 5G until I do it under any circumstances.

I’m not sure if this is an iOS16.0.1 issue or a 14 Pro issue, or a T-Mobile issue.

BKpanda

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2022
Were you beta testing ios16 by any chance with your previous phone? I had the same problem and fixed it by installing the beta profile and latest public beta onto my new device.

fakestrawberryflavor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2021
I got this fixed. Went to the Apple store, they plugged in the phone to a MacBook and deleted the OS from there and reinstalled 16.0.1 full image fresh, fixed.

New eSim did not fix this. Had T-Mobile erase and reissue my eSim, same result.

Erase all content and Settings multiple times did not fix this. Apple store guy said he has seen this about 10 times between yesterday and today, all same issue and same result with needing a complete wipe of the phone and reload of iOS.

Reactions: sideman7

sideman7

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2016
I got this fixed. Went to the Apple store, they plugged in the phone to a MacBook and deleted the OS from there and reinstalled 16.0.1 full image fresh, fixed.

New eSim did not fix this. Had T-Mobile erase and reissue my eSim, same result.

Erase all content and Settings multiple times did not fix this. Apple store guy said he has seen this about 10 times between yesterday and today, all same issue and same result with needing a complete wipe of the phone and reload of iOS.
Interesting, I'll have to give this a try. I wasted many hours on the phone with T-Mobile with no resolution. I ended up back on my previous phone as they could not fix it.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I am having this issue with Tello (T Mobile) MVNO.

Only getting 4G LTE on new iPhone 14
Screensho.jpg

sideman7

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2016
As mentioned above, you will need to do an OS recovery as this appears to be a system corruption problem. They can do it at an Apple store, or you can do it yourself if you have a Mac to connect it to. I wasted almost 4 hours with T-Mobile yesterday attempting to sort this out. I was able to Google the process to force a OS recovery and that worked.

Issue I had before the recovery:

Stuck in LTE
No data during calls
No 5G options under the cellular settings
Calls dropping like crazy
Watch app said T-Mobile "didn't support Apple Watch" and wouldn't allow me to put the plan back on the watch.

Everything is working as expected now.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
So every reboot my 14 Pro is stuck on LTE. I need to go into settings, turn off “Turn on this line” and back on again for 5G to show up. It sticks after this no issues but will not show up 5G until I do it under any circumstances.

I’m not sure if this is an iOS16.0.1 issue or a 14 Pro issue, or a T-Mobile issue.

Yikes. I am with TMO with the 14 Pro and running 16.0.1 but luckily have not had this issue. I wonder how widespread it is.

Did you update to 16.0.1 before or after the eSIM transfer? I did it after eSIM transfer & iCloud restore. If it's data corruption, it's likely in one of these steps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.