Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Currently have a 14 Pro, and wondering if going to a 15 Plus is an upgrade and worth it?

Will lose some things, obviously, but gain others. I’m thinking of going this way as want to try the larger screen, see how easy it is to adjust to for portability.

My 14 Pro like others, the battery is worst I’ve had, and the 15 Plus also has the A16, so wondering if it’s going to be same prob.

I know the screen doesn’t have promotion, not sure I’ll miss it, AOD was a hit and miss for me, so not bothered. The brightness probably would have missed but they’ve upped that to same as 16 Pro as well.

Cameras yes lose a lens, but at least get 2x now on 15 Plus as well. Now get the 48MP as well it almost seems like the 15 Plus is the 14 Pro….

Reason not jumping to the Pro Max is just the price really, zooming up so thought this decent way to see what think of a bigger phone.

So anyone doing this “upgrade” I know Apple want us all to see Pro as best, but sales count to vote almost!!

parseckadet

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Denver, CO
In my mind it wouldn't be worth it. The larger screen is the only benefit here. In all other areas the specs are either the same or worse. You would have to REALLY want that larger screen.

Reactions: Basic75

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
In my mind it wouldn't be worth it. The larger screen is the only benefit here. In all other areas the specs are either the same or worse. You would have to REALLY want that larger screen.

True, but the battery on my 14 Pro is poor, and 15 Plus, even with A16, will be better due to bigger size.

Also monthly premiums go down a bit as well.

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
May 28, 2023
True, but the battery on my 14 Pro is poor, and 15 Plus, even with A16, will be better due to bigger size.

Also monthly premiums go down a bit as well.

Feel you. I switched to a Max because the battery life of the Pro is just awful. Also thinking about getting the Plus, but everyone tells me I shouldn’t do it because of loosing so many features. Although I don’t care for AoD or 120hz that much. The only real downside would be the camera but seems to be a bit better now on the 15 Plus.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Feel you. I switched to a Max because the battery life of the Pro is just awful. Also thinking about getting the Plus, but everyone tells me I shouldn’t do it because of loosing so many features. Although I don’t care for AoD or 120hz that much. The only real downside would be the camera but seems to be a bit better now on the 15 Plus.

To me the 15 Plus has most of features of 14 Pro. Like you AOD, and 120Hz is such a big miss, so all I’m missing os the 3x or 5x now on PM.

It’s what Apple want, push people to the Pro, and to me there isn’t much this time.

Although I tend to upgrade every year, I do try ti find some upgrade, so this time going from 14 Pro to a 15 Plus I get the bigger screen, and 14 Pro features almost.

I think the camera is decent as well on 15 Plus, get a 2x this time, just losing the 3x or 5x

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
May 28, 2023
To me the 15 Plus has most of features of 14 Pro. Like you AOD, and 120Hz is such a big miss, so all I’m missing os the 3x or 5x now on PM.

It’s what Apple want, push people to the Pro, and to me there isn’t much this time.

Although I tend to upgrade every year, I do try ti find some upgrade, so this time going from 14 Pro to a 15 Plus I get the bigger screen, and 14 Pro features almost.

I think the camera is decent as well on 15 Plus, get a 2x this time, just losing the 3x or 5x

The question is always: How much you gonna use the camera anyway? If we are talking only about camera ofc. I dont use it that much to justify the Pro, this was getting clear to me now after thinking probably about it. And realistic speaking I think the 15/Plus are fine for almost all people. But its the same with an iPad, Apple wants you to get the Pro and I can't blame that almost everyone wants a Pro.

But I came to the conclusion for myself that I just wanna get what I need, instead of "what is the best". Or maybe im just getting old. lol

Reactions: Basic75

HeyMazza

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2022
Baltimore, MD
Currently have a 14 Pro, and wondering if going to a 15 Plus is an upgrade and worth it?

Will lose some things, obviously, but gain others. I’m thinking of going this way as want to try the larger screen, see how easy it is to adjust to for portability.

My 14 Pro like others, the battery is worst I’ve had, and the 15 Plus also has the A16, so wondering if it’s going to be same prob.

I know the screen doesn’t have promotion, not sure I’ll miss it, AOD was a hit and miss for me, so not bothered. The brightness probably would have missed but they’ve upped that to same as 16 Pro as well.

Cameras yes lose a lens, but at least get 2x now on 15 Plus as well. Now get the 48MP as well it almost seems like the 15 Plus is the 14 Pro….

Reason not jumping to the Pro Max is just the price really, zooming up so thought this decent way to see what think of a bigger phone.

So anyone doing this “upgrade” I know Apple want us all to see Pro as best, but sales count to vote almost!!

I pulled the trigger and pre-ordered the 15+. I sold my 14 Pro and there was no turning back. My decision was simple, I knew that my usage for my 14 Pro wasn't "Pro" enough 😂. Something I wish I had a lighter phone with a larger display. When I heard about the 15+ coming out with a bigger battery + 48 MP camera + Dynamic Island = I was sold. The Hz doesn't bother me. I think I actually turned it off on my pro to save battery life. So, I am pretty happy with my decision, and with the price I was able to sell my 14 Pro, it pretty much covered the cost of my new phone.

Torty

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2013
You are registered here so you are a “power user” who cares about the specs etc, the device is important for you. Only if you know that you hate a heavy device this step makes sense. So go for the PM if you have the feeling to get something new.

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
May 28, 2023
Why is being registered here making everyone a "power user"...? Makes no sense. I use my iPhone, iPad and AW very casual, just because I like being in the Apple universe...but I dont make anything fancy with my devices. No work related stuff, nothing.

Reactions: HYPOKON2000

Torty

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2013
Why is being registered here making everyone a "power user"...? Makes no sense. I use my iPhone, iPad and AW very casual, just because I like being in the Apple universe...but I dont make anything fancy with my devices. No work related stuff, nothing.
Because people who are not interested but need and use smart phones will not register in such forums. They are not interested in deep detail what the specs are what the device can do etc. They are happy with the phone as long as it works and they are happy to upgrade here and there.

For sure they have other interests where they know everything and where the products are really important for them.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Personally i wouldn't want to go from a Pro to a Non-Pro. You are still paying a lot of money for basically a downgrade with bigger screen.

If the Max feels too expensive, just wait another year and you will have saved a lot of money and can allow yourself the higher price next year.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Personally i wouldn't want to go from a Pro to a Non-Pro. You are still paying a lot of money for basically a downgrade with bigger screen.

If the Max feels too expensive, just wait another year and you will have saved a lot of money and can allow yourself the higher price next year.

I’m thinking of going 14 Pro > 15 Plus to see how a bigger phone and screen goes.

I don’t feel I’m missing much from going 14 Pro > 15 plus, as the 15 has gained a lot from 14, and got a lot from 14 Pro. Screen brightness. 48MP, DI, 2x, auto-portrait, USB-C.

On 15 Pro 120Hz, action button, 3x, A17, nothing too much IMO for the cost. If I went 15 PM the cost is even greater.

Personally I think the 15 this year over the Pro is decent, and with the 15 Plus from a 14 Pro is basically the same device just a bigger screen to try for me.

Apple wants everyone to go Pro, it’s in the marketing, and once they do, won’t drop, or they hope, as it’s seems dropping to a non Pro is bad.

That’s my thinking anyway (roll on 16 Pro!! )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.